HP Deskjet 1220c- Paper Feed Noise

Can someone help please? I have recently bought a new HP 1220c (yes I know
they're discontinued). It prints fine but I am a little concerned at the
noise it makes when paper feeds. At the start of the print cycle the
cartridges move to the left of the printer (viewed from the front). There is
then a loud clunk noise following which the paper feeds in and printing
starts.

Question is is this loud clunk noise normal?

Reassurance please.

Roger Parry

Roger,
I just printed a page on my 1220C and it really does make a lot of whirring,
clicking, and one loud clunk as you describe. I've had this printer for
almost 4 years and it has always been noisy. I wouldn't worry as long as you
are satisfied with the print quality.

--
Ron Stewart
Santa Rosa, Calif.
"Roger Parry" <rdp@nospamrdkmp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can someone help please? I have recently bought a new HP 1220c (yes I know
> they're discontinued). It prints fine but I am a little concerned at the
> noise it makes when paper feeds. At the start of the print cycle the
> cartridges move to the left of the printer (viewed from the front). There
> is then a loud clunk noise following which the paper feeds in and printing
> starts.
>
> Question is is this loud clunk noise normal?
>
> Reassurance please.
>
> Roger Parry

Ron

Thanks for the reassuring response.

Roger
"Ron Stewart" <ron8074@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Roger,
> I just printed a page on my 1220C and it really does make a lot of
> whirring, clicking, and one loud clunk as you describe. I've had this
> printer for almost 4 years and it has always been noisy. I wouldn't worry
> as long as you are satisfied with the print quality.
>
> --
> Ron Stewart
> Santa Rosa, Calif.
> "Roger Parry" <rdp@nospamrdkmp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Can someone help please? I have recently bought a new HP 1220c (yes I
>> know they're discontinued). It prints fine but I am a little concerned at
>> the noise it makes when paper feeds. At the start of the print cycle the
>> cartridges move to the left of the printer (viewed from the front). There
>> is then a loud clunk noise following which the paper feeds in and
>> printing starts.
>>
>> Question is is this loud clunk noise normal?
>>
>> Reassurance please.
>>
>> Roger Parry

bill

Roger Parry wrote:

>>> Can someone help please? I have recently bought a new HP 1220c (yes I
>>> know they're discontinued). It prints fine but I am a little concerned at
>>> the noise it makes when paper feeds. At the start of the print cycle the
>>> cartridges move to the left of the printer (viewed from the front). There
>>> is then a loud clunk noise following which the paper feeds in and
>>> printing starts.

What you're hearing is simply the mechanism used to lift the paper up to
the feed rollers.

>>> Question is is this loud clunk noise normal?

Yes it's normal, and in a quiet room can be a bit startling if you're
not expecting it.