Audio and Ring Volume

In the SPA-2000, is there any "soft" way of increasing audio volume and
decreasing ring volume?? Thanks and best regards,

Art

"artlab" <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> In the SPA-2000, is there any "soft" way of increasing
> audio volume and decreasing ring volume?? Thanks and
> best regards,
>
> Art

No, it's down to the phone. My phones (BT Converse 2025) both have ring
and audio volume settings anyway.

You might possibly cause a phone to ring louder if you increase the
ringing voltage but I wouldn't recommend it or guarantee it wouldn't break
your phone, so you try it at your own risk..!

Ivor

Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring softer, not louder..
Does this mean that I can lower the ringing voltage safely?
Thanks, and best regards,

Art

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message

> "artlab" <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > In the SPA-2000, is there any "soft" way of increasing
> > audio volume and decreasing ring volume?? Thanks and
> > best regards,
> >
> > Art
>
> No, it's down to the phone. My phones (BT Converse 2025) both have ring
> and audio volume settings anyway.
>
> You might possibly cause a phone to ring louder if you increase the
> ringing voltage but I wouldn't recommend it or guarantee it wouldn't break
> your phone, so you try it at your own risk..!
>
> Ivor

artlab <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring softer, not louder..
> Does this mean that I can lower the ringing voltage safely?

Is it a mechanical or electronic ringer?

miguel

"Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
> artlab <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring softer, not
louder..
> > Does this mean that I can lower the ringing voltage safely?
>
> Is it a mechanical or electronic ringer?
>
> miguel
> --
> Hit The Road! Photos from 36 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
> Latest photos: Queens Day in Amsterdam; the Grand Canyon; Amman, Jordan

Miguel, Ivor: It's an electronic ringer. I experimented with lowering the
voltage and there is a threshold around 50 volts where the ringer simply
stops working (which was to be expected). I do not have a ring control on
the phone so I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Best regard,

> Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring
> softer, not louder.. Does this mean that I can lower the
> ringing voltage safely?
> Thanks, and best regards,
>
> Art

Possibly, but depending on the type of ringer it might just stop working
altogether..!

It really is a phone function, maybe it's worth trying a different phone.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

"artlab" <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

[snip]

> Miguel, Ivor: It's an electronic ringer. I experimented
> with lowering the voltage and there is a threshold around
> 50 volts where the ringer simply stops working (which was
> to be expected). I do not have a ring control on the
> phone so I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Best
> regard,

Or change the phone ;-)

Ivor

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> writes:
> "artlab" <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
> [snip]
>
>> Miguel, Ivor: It's an electronic ringer. I experimented
>> with lowering the voltage and there is a threshold around
>> 50 volts where the ringer simply stops working (which was
>> to be expected). I do not have a ring control on the
>> phone so I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Best
>> regard,
>
> Or change the phone ;-)

If you are going to change it, why not experiment and put a resistor
in series with the ringer unit. What is the worst that can happen?
You can break the phone and you need to change it, which leaves you at
step #1 "change the phone". ;-)

-wolfgang
Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.

TRENDING THREADS