remote connections timeout

I have a w2k advanced server that has been giving us
problems for the past 2 weeks. Mainly slow response time
when users map to a drive on that server and now today I
time out when trying to access the server through remote
desktop connections. Whenever we reboot the server, the
problem seems to be resolved. Any help would be
appreciated.

You have to use performance monitor and task manager to find out why your
system is slow. Just keep track on memory usage and other resources for
each process.
Just note down which device is having bottleneck and when exactly
bottleneck start.

Tell me which process is using more memory when you feel system is slow.
Tell me which process is using more CPU when you feel system is slow.

Create base line report with out load.
Normally system base line performance to be created when first time system
is installed and with the load.
And in regular interval your have compare it with present trend

Subbu