List of hardware.
2X 1024 OCZ Value DDR400
ATI X1900 AiW
AMD 3800+ x2 939
Asus A8N-E
Antec Sonata II Case w/450w PSU
Seagate SATA II NCQ HD 80gig
ATA133 IDE HD 40 gig seagate

at first it was running ok.. manage to install windows to the SATA drive.. but unable to get it to boot.. so I tried booting with the SATA drivers from the CD. After fiddling around for a good 3 hrs. Sudddenly the computer just gives me a beeping noise and wnot' display anything. I tried updated to bios but now it just beeps and won't run again.

Anybody have this issue before?

any feedback will be great.

Thanks

More about : computer start

July 28, 2006 7:45:28 AM

See if you can POST using just your cpu, video card and one stick of ram. Also, you are getting beeps so look them up in your manual and it will tell you what is wrong.

I always go with Ram first.
July 28, 2006 8:02:22 AM

posted the 1st time... 2nd time same thing beep... beep beep beep ><
Related resources
July 28, 2006 8:05:15 AM

Sounds like a ram issue. Did you try it one stick at a time? Run memtest86 off a bootable disk.
July 28, 2006 8:10:37 AM

ya I tried 1 stick.. posted about 2-3 times.. then back to beep beep beep..
it's gonna be hard to run that problem from a bootdisk coz im already having a hard time trying to make it boot....
July 28, 2006 9:32:45 AM

Is it just a series of beeps? or is there a long beep, followed by short ones... If so, how many short ones, etc... ALso, you could check u're motherboard manual to see what the beep codes mean. Beep codes are different depending on the BIOS u're pc uses. It all depends on if you have a Phoenix Bios or AMI bios.
July 28, 2006 6:37:31 PM

manual doesn't say anything about beep codes (anyone with this board can hel pme out?) goesl iek this beeep (long beep) beep bepp beep.
You think my motherboard is messed up? I tried ram from another computer and it does the same thing.

thanks
July 28, 2006 7:13:00 PM

thanks for the info ^^
but when I plug in ram from another computer.. still does the samer thing.. u still think it's ram or the board problem?

thanks
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 28, 2006 7:13:53 PM

If you can, try sourcing out some replacements parts from friends to do a run down of different parts, another motherboard, chip, and vga card would be the best combo since you have tried another memory stick. Try implenting your hardware 1 step at a time onto the motherboard that we know works, chip first, their vga, if it doesnt work, its your cpu, if it works, swap over the vga, doesn't work its your vga, if it works, you could be looking at a bad motherboard or a low possibility but possibly the power supply.
July 28, 2006 7:23:47 PM

Quote:
List of hardware.
2X 1024 OCZ Value DDR400
ATI X1900 AiW
AMD 3800+ x2 939
Asus A8N-E
Antec Sonata II Case w/450w PSU
Seagate SATA II NCQ HD 80gig
ATA133 IDE HD 40 gig seagate

at first it was running ok.. manage to install windows to the SATA drive.. but unable to get it to boot.. so I tried booting with the SATA drivers from the CD. After fiddling around for a good 3 hrs. Sudddenly the computer just gives me a beeping noise and wnot' display anything. I tried updated to bios but now it just beeps and won't run again.

Try clearing the bios via the cmos jumper on the mainboard and starting from scratch. check the jumper block on the back of the hard drive and make sure its set to the proper config. That board may not support sata II, but I am not 100 % certain on that. set it to sata 150 to be safe.

good luck
Anybody have this issue before?

any feedback will be great.

Thanks
July 28, 2006 7:25:56 PM

sorry about the last post, I am new to posting on this site, but have been a viewer for the last 3 years

rObOchrIs
July 29, 2006 9:13:15 PM

wow.. apparently the Antec 450w is not gonna enuff for thje X1900 AiW..
now it's working well.. thjanks for the help
July 30, 2006 2:41:25 AM

Thats cool. You got your baby up an running again. Now breathe that Deep Breath :) 
July 30, 2006 2:56:07 AM

Quote:
thanks for the info ^^
but when I plug in ram from another computer.. still does the samer thing.. u still think it's ram or the board problem?

thanks

From that right there and plus known good memory fails, I say your DIMM sockets are FUBAR'd somehow?

I would see about RMAing the motherboard if you can
!