All-

I know this information must be somewhere, but I haven't found it yet and
want to get started. I just got GOTY for PC and have loaded all the disks. I
started it on the XBox, but read here that the PC version was better for so
many reasons. The arguments sounded legit so I made it happen. It has been a
while, but I am eager to get back into it.

What are the top 5 or 10 "must have" mods? Is it good to get the mods from
elderscrolls.com? Or from some other site that serves mods?

Any help with this obviously redundant info would rock.

THanks in advance-

Gil C

Gil Cintron wrote:

> All-
>
> I know this information must be somewhere, but I haven't found it yet and
> want to get started. I just got GOTY for PC and have loaded all the disks. I
> started it on the XBox, but read here that the PC version was better for so
> many reasons. The arguments sounded legit so I made it happen. It has been a
> while, but I am eager to get back into it.
>
> What are the top 5 or 10 "must have" mods?

IMHO: "Ogrim trader in Caldera". Buys all of your stuff at full price,
even high-priced stuff.

Gil Cintron wrote:

> What are the top 5 or 10 "must have" mods?

Tough question. I currently have 27 mods installed and wouldn't want to
miss one of them.

Some random picks:

If you play a mage (or at least anything not a dumb warrior):
* Scripted Spells
* Magickal Trinckets of Tamriel

If you play a warrior, but mages also profit (unless you want to play a
pure mage who never goes into close combat, but the mod is perfect for
nightblades or spellswords etc.):
* Combat Enhanced

If you want to play a vampire:
* Vampire Embrace
* Vampire Realism

Quests & Factions
* Illuminati Order (for the wired character)
* Suran Underworld (for the mean character)
* Nevenars Twinlamps & Slavehunters
* see ongoing discussing under thead "Question about vampire and
werewolf disease"

Misc stuff:
* Pegas Horse Ranch (buy/ride/breed/train horses)
* Morrowind Comes Alive (Adds lots of random NPCs)
* Better Bodies & Better Heads (eyecandy)
* Thief/Dodge/Armor/Flee/Gameplay tweaks from the webpage which has
Illuinati Order (links see below)
* Herbalism (don't open plant "containers", just pick them up)
* Sris Alchemy (better alchemy system)
* Give your orders (command your faction collegues and slaves)
* Necessities of Morrowind (eat & drink & sleep & cook)
* VGreetings (enables voices which are in the game but are not active)
* Weathered Signs (tired of those unreadable signs?)
* Horatio Spellcasting (changes mana costs to a Daggerfall like system)
* Advanced Soundeffects

Weapons & Armors
* Taddeus Balanced Armors/Weapons/Objects
* Assassins Armory (dont be fooled by the name, great for non-assassins)
* Marksman mod (makes marksman weapons finally useful)

Links:
http://www.thelys.org/
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/
http://www.hiredgoons.net/MWFiles/
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=200845&ck=
http://www.tadnan-hideout.com/MW/main.html

More or less complete list of all the good mods out there:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2875153&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

You find only high-quality mods at thelys.org and hiredgoons.net
rpgplanet (Morrowind Summit) hosts pretty much every mod out there, but
it's difficult to find the good ones among all the trash.

Absolute "must have" in my opinion, but others will certainly disagree:

* The Herbalism & Sris Alchemy mods because default herbalism is just stupid
* The various game tweaks from the hiredgoons.net page
* VGreetings because those voices offer better athmosphere
* Better Bodies & Better Heads because they are so much better than the
default graphics

General hint:
When you start a new game, make sure you have the Twinlamps &
Slavehunters (assuming you want to play it) and the hiredgoons tweaks
already activated. First one requires to start a new character anyways,
and second one changes the races and birthsigns. All other mods you can
enable later during the game. Enable one mod after the other, and keep a
savegame backup from *before* enabling a mod, in case something goes wrong.

Phew, long list. I should keep this as reference. :)

Peter

Peter Strempel wrote:

> * Give your orders (command your faction collegues and slaves)

One of my top favorites, now.

> * VGreetings (enables voices which are in the game but are not active)

Yes.

> What are the top 5 or 10 "must have" mods?

Do a Google Groups (http://groups.google.com) search on this group...
there're billions of posts about must-have mods archived.

> Is it good to get the mods from
> elderscrolls.com?

Those are the official mods... get them :)

> Or from some other site that serves mods?

www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind is one of those.

icon

Gil Cintron wrote:

> All-
>
> I know this information must be somewhere, but I haven't found it yet and
> want to get started. I just got GOTY for PC and have loaded all the disks. I
> started it on the XBox, but read here that the PC version was better for so
> many reasons. The arguments sounded legit so I made it happen. It has been a
> while, but I am eager to get back into it.
>
> What are the top 5 or 10 "must have" mods? Is it good to get the mods from
> elderscrolls.com? Or from some other site that serves mods?
>
> Any help with this obviously redundant info would rock.
>
> THanks in advance-
>
> Gil C

Ok, for some great mod lists and advice on using them check out
http://www.mwmythicmods.com/

Especially Telesphoros' list, which is posted and highly recommended on
the official forums. It has plenty mods to choose from, but is
categorised with a short description to help find just what you need.

Another great site which tests all the mods submitted is
http://www.thelys.org/
Almost everything there is a fice star mod, pick up Better Heads while
you are there, you WON'T regret it.

Another must is the KP Visual Pack at
http://khalazza.production.free.fr/
works very well with my texture packs for the cities, check my site below.

Also, while many post Morrowind Summit, which does have many sites, many
modders prefer to put mods at
http://www.euro-rpg.com
http://www.gamersroam.com

And finally, a plug, check out my site at
http://home.tiscali.co.za/~31003603/
for some cool graphics enhancers. If my site won't work (happens to
some) you can check screenshots at
http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/browse.php?dir=Carnajo
and all my mods are available at Euro-Rpg, (link above), just search for
Carnajo under authors.