Re-Install of XP Pro how to stop setup

October 7, 2004 5:19:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

First off I had some corrupt files that windows kept saying to insert windows
xp cd. I did that and it asked to click retry and it brought up the welcome
screen. I then clicked to install windows xp thinking it would recreate the
files that became corrupt. Now each time I restart the computer it goes into
Startup and with the cd in it gives me the error of "Fatal error: An erro
has been encountered that prevents setup from continuning." It then has
press Ok to view the setup log file. I researched this and it says this
could be caused by a scratched cd. Is there anyway to get out of this screen
and back to windows? Also if I finish this reinstall will it remove files
that are on the computer? Please help

More about : install pro stop setup

October 7, 2004 5:40:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Boot from the XP CD and do a repair install.

"crow919" <crow919@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First off I had some corrupt files that windows kept saying to insert
> windows
> xp cd. I did that and it asked to click retry and it brought up the
> welcome
> screen. I then clicked to install windows xp thinking it would recreate
> the
> files that became corrupt. Now each time I restart the computer it goes
> into
> Startup and with the cd in it gives me the error of "Fatal error: An erro
> has been encountered that prevents setup from continuning." It then has
> press Ok to view the setup log file. I researched this and it says this
> could be caused by a scratched cd. Is there anyway to get out of this
> screen
> and back to windows? Also if I finish this reinstall will it remove files
> that are on the computer? Please help
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 7:13:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I have bios setup to boot from cd and it still goes directly into the setup
with same problem.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Boot from the XP CD and do a repair install.
>
> "crow919" <crow919@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > First off I had some corrupt files that windows kept saying to insert
> > windows
> > xp cd. I did that and it asked to click retry and it brought up the
> > welcome
> > screen. I then clicked to install windows xp thinking it would recreate
> > the
> > files that became corrupt. Now each time I restart the computer it goes
> > into
> > Startup and with the cd in it gives me the error of "Fatal error: An erro
> > has been encountered that prevents setup from continuning." It then has
> > press Ok to view the setup log file. I researched this and it says this
> > could be caused by a scratched cd. Is there anyway to get out of this
> > screen
> > and back to windows? Also if I finish this reinstall will it remove files
> > that are on the computer? Please help

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 12:35:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Sir,

To boot from CD setup, insert win xp pro CD in to your CD Drive, setup bios
for "boot from CD Drive", now press "F10 Key" to save BIOS and exit. press
the "SPACE BAR" on Key board until you get the "boot from CD option and
windows xp setup". This can fix your problem and you can re install win xp
pro again.

Regards,

Sony Payyappilly

!