antichrysler

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
So I finally took the plunge and upgraded from my Athlon XP 2500+.

Here is the hardware I have:

Asus M2N-E Rev 1.00 Bios 0103
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (Got sent single core by mistake, will have X2 by Wed)
1x1.0GB Kingston ValueRam 667MHz DDR2
ATI X1800XL 256MB PCIEx16
Enermax Noisetaker 460W PSU
2x160GB Samsung SATA 7200RPM HD
LG DVD+-RW
Asus DVD-ROM

So here's the problem now. I have installed Windows XP Pro on one of the hard drives. In my last machine the hard drives ran mirrored and the way I had it set up was a 80.0GB Partition for Windows and software, and then a 50.0GB Partition (or whatever else was left) for My Documents, Music, etc.

So, this is what I hoped to accomplish since I don't own a floppy drive. I installed XP on HD1. I was hoping that once I got into Windows since Partition 2 of HD1 and HD2 are the same even if I did something stupid I wouldn't lose the critical data. The problem I'm having now is that I have built the RAID array where HD1 copies over HD2, however I am having no luck getting it to boot. I just get a BSOD.

Any ideas?

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Yes I've had simalar problems, only 2 ways around it. 1: put a floppy drive in, or 2 fit a 3rd hard drive (say 80GB) for the O/S alone. Once the raid drivers are installed in the O/S raid on the other 2 drives is easy.
:)
It seems to be a Windows problem, XP won't see the drives unless the drivers are installed first. I had to build the array first then boot from either the Windows CD and supply the drivers form floppy or use a seperate drive for the O/S
:eek:

TRENDING THREADS