How do you sell artifacts to museum?

The lady in the artifact museum tells me that they will buy artifacts,
but there's no mention of how I sell stuff to them.
There's no "sell" option when talking to her.
What am I doing wrong?
4 answers Last reply
More about sell artifacts museum

    Andy Raymond wrote:
    > The lady in the artifact museum tells me that they will buy artifacts,
    > but there's no mention of how I sell stuff to them.
    > There's no "sell" option when talking to her.
    > What am I doing wrong?

    She is only interested in certain artifacts. If you have an item the
    museum is interested in the item name will show up in the talk menu,
    click this and she will be ready for business. There also is a book in
    the museum that has a list of artifacts. I believe it's located on a
    bench towards the back of the first floor. Though I'm not certain they
    will buy all othe items listed in there either as I've had one or two of
    them that she didn't seem to acknowledge.

    ~Dove~

    --
    "I'll be a'ight when we get to passout time."

    In article <dRg7d.61683$uN5.56751@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    mourningdove@NOSPAMingenia-design.com says...

    > Andy Raymond wrote:
    > > The lady in the artifact museum tells me that they will buy artifacts,
    > > but there's no mention of how I sell stuff to them.
    > > There's no "sell" option when talking to her.
    > > What am I doing wrong?
    >

    > She is only interested in certain artifacts. If you have an item the
    > museum is interested in the item name will show up in the talk menu,
    > click this and she will be ready for business. There also is a book in
    > the museum that has a list of artifacts. I believe it's located on a
    > bench towards the back of the first floor. Though I'm not certain they
    > will buy all othe items listed in there either as I've had one or two of
    > them that she didn't seem to acknowledge.

    You are correct about the book and the name of the artifact showing up
    in the menu of talk topics. There are also some artifacts she will buy
    that are not in the book.

    There is a quest that requires you donate two artifacts to her -- so
    if you've already sold everything, you are out of luck. Also note that
    the creeper scamp in Caldora gives better prices than the museum does.

    --
    R. Dale Shipp
    dale@_delete_this_min.net

    In article <MPG.1bc8afa0ccb783f8989703@news.md.comcast.giganews.com>,
    dale@_delete_min.net says...
    > In article <dRg7d.61683$uN5.56751@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    > mourningdove@NOSPAMingenia-design.com says...
    > >

    > There is a quest that requires you donate two artifacts to her -- so
    > if you've already sold everything, you are out of luck. Also note that
    > the creeper scamp in Caldora gives better prices than the museum does.

    Unless you are using a mod Creeper's cash limit is 5000. The museum pays
    50% of the full value of anything that you sell them. There is a cap on
    how much the museum does pay. Regardless of the actual value, the museum
    won't pay more than 30,000.

    --
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
    -Mark Twain

    In article <MPG.1bc9064a303ae9e5989a92@news.east.earthlink.net>,
    rboliver@ix.netcom.com says...
    > In article <MPG.1bc8afa0ccb783f8989703@news.md.comcast.giganews.com>,
    > dale@_delete_min.net says...
    > > In article <dRg7d.61683$uN5.56751@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    > > mourningdove@NOSPAMingenia-design.com says...
    > > >

    > > There is a quest that requires you donate two artifacts to her -- so
    > > if you've already sold everything, you are out of luck. Also note that
    > > the creeper scamp in Caldora gives better prices than the museum does.
    >
    > Unless you are using a mod Creeper's cash limit is 5000. The museum pays
    > 50% of the full value of anything that you sell them. There is a cap on
    > how much the museum does pay. Regardless of the actual value, the museum
    > won't pay more than 30,000.

    I do use the mod that ups Creeper's cash -- but even without that
    there are ways to get him to pay full price. You can take it out in
    trade. I.e. say you have an artifact worth 50,000. You offer it for
    barter, and at the same time you take items worth 45,000 from him. Put
    them down, and come back the next day and sell them back one at a time.
    Or go to Mudcreeper who does have 10,000 per day and also pays full
    price. Or go to some of the merchants in Mournhold who also have 10,000
    or so (but don't pay full price).

    Since there are so many ways around the 5000 per day, it seems
    justified and a lot less boring to just use the mod that gives him
    500,000 per day and let it go at that.

    --
    R. Dale Shipp
    dale@_delete_this_min.net