questionn.........

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
iam upgrading my computer to core 2duo e6300....7900gt....nforce 4 sli.....2gb ddr2 667....stupid question but can the processor sit in its box without being used for a month or two cuz iam going to get one before the prices go up? and get the rest a month or two later

Actually the prices are up now and they will likely go down in a month or two as supply meets demand.

The safest things to buy are RAM and processor - the rest wait for. =) So if you find an awsome deal for RAM jump on it. They have a life time warranty so its nothing to worry about if you get a DOA.

iam upgrading my computer to core 2duo e6300....7900gt....nforce 4 sli.....2gb ddr2 667....stupid question but can the processor sit in its box without being used for a month or two cuz iam going to get one before the prices go up? and get the rest a month or two later

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Unless you pre-ordered the Conroe at least a week ago, just wait and prices will come down. Also, there will be more mobo's with Conroe support so you will have a greater selection. Either way, I believe you should wait at least a month. DX10 is coming out soon also, and DDR2 memory should be seeing a bit of a drop in prices due to the increase demand from both Conroe and the new AM2 platform. SO WAIT...