NVIDIA nForce 590/680i For Conroe, Where Are They? HERE!

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Finally Guys!!! I got some information from the nVidia Site regarding nForce 500 chipsets

NVIDIA is really excited about the introduction of Intel Core 2 Duo into the marketplace, and we have a whole top-to-bottom family of products from the NVIDIA nForce4 and NVIDIA nForce 500 families, including the industry's only true dual x16 PCIe solution, as well as support for NVIDIA QuadSLI.

Currently, the first product shipping with support for Intel Core 2 Duo will be the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE motherboard. This motherboard is based on the award-winning NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 MCP and should be available around 7/27.

Several additional motherboard models will be announced by NVIDIA shortly. There are an assortment of NVIDIA nForce 500-based motherboards coming soon. They include:

An ECS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $90 USD!

An ASUS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $110 USD.

A DFI nForce 590 SLI motherboard. I don't know their retail price yet.

An ASUS 590 SLI motherboard. Retail price will be under $200 USD with availability around 8/1.
A list of Intel processors that are fully supported by NVIDIA can be found here. Please check back for further information.

--------------------------------------

I just hope the ASUS 590 releases August 1 to see my conroe working :)

Hey slim much appreciated for posting this. It has altered my current motherboard decision. Looking forward to the nvidia options.

take care!

Finally Guys!!! I got some information from the nVidia Site regarding nForce 500 chipsets

NVIDIA is really excited about the introduction of Intel Core 2 Duo into the marketplace, and we have a whole top-to-bottom family of products from the NVIDIA nForce4 and NVIDIA nForce 500 families, including the industry's only true dual x16 PCIe solution, as well as support for NVIDIA QuadSLI.

Currently, the first product shipping with support for Intel Core 2 Duo will be the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE motherboard. This motherboard is based on the award-winning NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 MCP and should be available around 7/27.

Several additional motherboard models will be announced by NVIDIA shortly. There are an assortment of NVIDIA nForce 500-based motherboards coming soon. They include:

An ECS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $90 USD!

An ASUS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $110 USD.

A DFI nForce 590 SLI motherboard. I don't know their retail price yet.

An ASUS 590 SLI motherboard. Retail price will be under $200 USD with availability around 8/1.
A list of Intel processors that are fully supported by NVIDIA can be found here. Please check back for further information.

--------------------------------------

I just hope the ASUS 590 releases August 1 to see my conroe working :)

tmac

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
As the title says, where are the nForce 590 chipsets?
Asus released a new revision for its P5N32 called P5N32-SLi SE but in tigerdirect it says it uses a 570 Chipset. Which I dont want. I want 590.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2368596&sku=MBM-P5N32-X6800

Does anybody know when are there motherboards going to be released? I cant wait to have a conroe machine.

Some info here
http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_conroe.html

What does the 590 chipset get you?

How does it compare to the chipset ATI is coming out with (SD600)?

I might be leaning towards nVidia now, since I don't know what to expect
from ATI in the future.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hmm I started with NVIDIA since they release good videocards and not too expensive. ATI thinks people can pay hundreds of dollars in just videocards.
Also I like more SLI than CrossFire.

wolfman140

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I just ordered the Asus P5W DH deluxe because of the good review it got from Anandtech. It was pricey indeed...$250. But last mobo I got was a cheapo and I paid the price, I was tired of crappy performance and limited OC'ing so I got the best of the best (of the 5 that are currently available!) So...I hope it isn't ridiculously inferior to the NVidia mobos coming out.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I really dont like Intel 965 chipsets. The only one acceptable is the Asus 965.
I really like more the 975x but anyways ill go for nvidia.

Dude make sure you read carefully before you post. I went like wtf. :)

ryder_22

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
okay thats great, but like the GIgabyte board dq6 will it support quad-core. I'm looking for 2pci-e 16x slots and quad-core compatible.

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
Guys, u should seriously consider waiting a few days for the nForce 590 chipset mobos to be released. Asus and DFI are rumored to release them August 1st. Here's Anandtech's review on 590: here u go You don't have to restart windows to change BIOS! Performance wise it's very close, pretty much identical to intel's 975X, but has way better features IMO. I'm definitely waiting!

Hoppy6698

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Thankfully my build wont begin until mid-Sep, so I have time to wait n see. Hopefully Nvidia's final solution meets or surpasses the Intel chipsets. Worst case, it will at least drive down the prices of competitors.

IdiotNewb

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
As the title says, where are the nForce 590 chipsets?
Asus released a new revision for its P5N32 called P5N32-SLi SE but in tigerdirect it says it uses a 570 Chipset. Which I dont want. I want 590.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2368596&sku=MBM-P5N32-X6800

Does anybody know when are there motherboards going to be released? I cant wait to have a conroe machine.

Some info here
http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_conroe.html

What does the 590 chipset get you?

How does it compare to the chipset ATI is coming out with (SD600)?

I might be leaning towards nVidia now, since I don't know what to expect
from ATI in the future.

The Asus PN32-SLI SE is not a Nforce 500 motherboard but is the Nforce 4 motherboard modified to support conroe.

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=0&model=1280&modelmenu=1

Asus has not announced what the 500 chipset motherboards will be called yet. I don't expect you will see them for another month though since availability usually is a month after they make their announcement on their website.

I'm waiting on the Asus 590 board because the 590 is suppose to have all the bell and whistles and is suppose to support quad-sli if I decide to upgrade to it.

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
right here this board cost 285 but CAD

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=19512

And mabye when 590 sli will come out mabye i should consider getting some sli memory and EPP technology RAM with nice timing?

or just EPP and sli because i heard that cas latency doesint matter that much in INTEL cpu's?

Ya I would recommend getting memory with good timing, the one I'm looking at is Mushkin redline PC8000. Check it out here. As far as timings not meaning as much on intels, I don't see why good timings wouldn't benefit as much on them. You want to get memory with as tight of timings as you can find(especially tight timings at high clocks, like the Mushkin). You should read this article on how memory performs on Conroe too. It might clear things up a bit. Basically, since intel doesn't have an on-chip memory controller, AMD beats it as far as pure memory bandwidth. However, Intel still wins hands down in real world tests. Imagine how good intel could be if they had the on-chip controller too.
-Paul

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
where'd you hear that? Cause on the nVidia site it says the one from Asus could be out as soon as this week. It listed 8/1 as the soonest date.