EPSON RECEIPT PRINTERS GROUP

Where can I post messages about receipt printers?
thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about epson receipt printers group

    No harm in asking, but why not try asking about the specific problem
    with it, you don't know your luck in a raffle - so to speak...!

    Davy

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 23:18:24 -0700, "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net>
    wrote:

    >Where can I post messages about receipt printers?
    >thanks.

    You can post em here if you want. What do you want to know?
    I have service manuals for all of them.
    Want to Fix Something?

    http://www.manuals4you.com

    Thank you all...
    Epson TM-U925 Serial.
    Dos pos program. They only use the slip printer feature and worked fine in
    win98. Upgraded to xp.
    The only way to make any serial printer work with this program under xp is
    to say mode lptx:=comx:
    Then in the program tell your setup that the printer is installed on lptx:
    They use little fancy preprinted receipt paper.
    It does print.
    BUT on receipts where more than 1 page is needed the remaining print job
    after page 1 is lost.
    Under win98 the first page would finish printing and the slip paper light
    would blink and then you just put
    another page in and voila.. away it went. You could even go for coffee and
    come back and it would finish
    when you put in a sheet of paper. You could even ring up three sales and
    then come back and print all three
    receipts.
    Now under xp... after the first sheet ejects, the printer does blink for a
    bit then stops.
    If your fast enough to put a second sheet in, it just loads the paper,
    prints a header (quote,reprint,or sale)and stops.

    I may have stumbled onto something since first asking about where to post
    this question.
    The init(ialize) codes are
    27,64,27,99,48,4,27,12,0,0
    The term(inate) codes are
    27,69
    I found an old backup of his settings and there were no term codes, just all
    0's
    Is the printer terminating after page 1? We shall soon see as I am off to
    see him now.
    Thanks very much.

    "FredFarkle" <Yikes!ItsIke@younameit.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 23:18:24 -0700, "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Where can I post messages about receipt printers?
    > >thanks.
    > >
    > You can post em here if you want. What do you want to know?
    > I have service manuals for all of them.
    > Want to Fix Something?
    >
    > http://www.manuals4you.com

    Well after a couple of hours trying this and trying that...
    In the end I simply added the ,p to the mode command.
    so the batch file to start the program goes like
    mode com1:96,n,8,1,p
    mode lpt2:=com1:
    net use lpt1: \\backoffice\hp
    Thanks again.
    Seek And Ye Shall Find.

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:17:40 -0700, "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net>
    wrote:

    >Thank you all...
    >Epson TM-U925 Serial.
    >Dos pos program. They only use the slip printer feature and worked fine in
    >win98. Upgraded to xp.
    >The only way to make any serial printer work with this program under xp is
    >to say mode lptx:=comx:
    >Then in the program tell your setup that the printer is installed on lptx:
    >They use little fancy preprinted receipt paper.
    >It does print.
    >BUT on receipts where more than 1 page is needed the remaining print job
    >after page 1 is lost.
    >Under win98 the first page would finish printing and the slip paper light
    >would blink and then you just put
    >another page in and voila.. away it went. You could even go for coffee and
    >come back and it would finish
    >when you put in a sheet of paper. You could even ring up three sales and
    >then come back and print all three
    >receipts.
    >Now under xp... after the first sheet ejects, the printer does blink for a
    >bit then stops.
    >If your fast enough to put a second sheet in, it just loads the paper,
    >prints a header (quote,reprint,or sale)and stops.
    >
    >I may have stumbled onto something since first asking about where to post
    >this question.
    >The init(ialize) codes are
    >27,64,27,99,48,4,27,12,0,0
    >The term(inate) codes are
    >27,69
    >I found an old backup of his settings and there were no term codes, just all
    >0's
    >Is the printer terminating after page 1? We shall soon see as I am off to
    >see him now.
    >Thanks very much.
    >

    >"FredFarkle" <Yikes!ItsIke@younameit.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 23:18:24 -0700, "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Where can I post messages about receipt printers?
    >> >thanks.
    >> >
    >> You can post em here if you want. What do you want to know?
    >> I have service manuals for all of them.
    >> Want to Fix Something?
    >>
    >> http://www.manuals4you.com

    You can also post on Smarka.com