Summoning more than one creature at a time

Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
17 answers Last reply
More about summoning creature time

    Brat_Boy wrote:

    > Is it possible?

    Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
    minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
    ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
    the same time.

    I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
    simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
    and one by a spell, for example.

    I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
    with a scroll.

    And ToolPackinMama saith unto the gathered crowd:
    > Brat_Boy wrote:
    >

    >>Is it possible?
    >

    > Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
    > minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
    > ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
    > the same time.
    >
    > I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
    > simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
    > and one by a spell, for example.
    >
    > I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
    > with a scroll.

    I enchanted a Ring of Atronach to summon all 3 at once. Neat effect.

    -mb

    ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > Brat_Boy wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible?
    >

    > Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
    > minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
    > ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
    > the same time.
    >
    > I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
    > simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
    > and one by a spell, for example.
    >
    > I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
    > with a scroll.

    I just used summons to my great advantage. I'm still level 1, and I did
    that Fighters' Guild quest where you go to the egg mine to kill the
    poachers. Well, I summoned a Least Bonewalker and an Ancestral Ghost to
    help me out, and they did a splendid (i love that word!) job! I'll be
    using more summoning in the future!

    Brat_Boy wrote:

    > I just used summons to my great advantage. I'm still level 1, and I did
    > that Fighters' Guild quest where you go to the egg mine to kill the
    > poachers. Well, I summoned a Least Bonewalker and an Ancestral Ghost to
    > help me out, and they did a splendid (i love that word!) job! I'll be
    > using more summoning in the future!

    Summoned minions are great! You can save a lot of wear and tear on your
    sword/knife and armor if you set a summoning or two against your enemies
    first. Many times my conjurer didn't have to lift a finger: the
    summonings took care of everything.

    markB wrote:

    > I enchanted a Ring of Atronach to summon all 3 at once. Neat effect.

    Good idea. BTW, if you advance high in house Telvanni, your patron
    eventually gives you an enchanted glove that will do the same thing.

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:23:43 -0400, Brat_Boy <astraus@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
    >many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
    >fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
    >:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
    >of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
    Yes, you can have 1 of each kind, assuming you have enough magical
    power.

    Palindrome

    Palindrome wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:23:43 -0400, Brat_Boy <astraus@comcast.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
    >>many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
    >>fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
    >>:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
    >>of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
    >
    > Yes, you can have 1 of each kind, assuming you have enough magical
    > power.
    >

    > Palindrome
    Thanks. I'm really looking forward to dragging my minions into caves for
    plunder. Maybe now I'll have the nerve to explore...

    "Brat_Boy" <astraus@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
    > many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
    > fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
    > :p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
    > of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.

    I never could do anything beneficial with summoning. the spell took a good
    portion of my mana and they only last for a minute or so. Also, my pets can
    never keep aggro and seeing as how I am extremely unhealthy I die in a
    couple hits. oh well maybe you have better luck with it than I.

    AJ wrote:
    > "Brat_Boy" <astraus@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
    >>many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
    >>fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
    >>:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
    >>of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
    >

    > I never could do anything beneficial with summoning. the spell took a good
    > portion of my mana and they only last for a minute or so. Also, my pets can
    > never keep aggro and seeing as how I am extremely unhealthy I die in a
    > couple hits. oh well maybe you have better luck with it than I.

    I find Bonewalkers to be extremely helpful companions, as they drain
    some of the major attributes needed for fighting from opponents.
    Ancestral Ghosts can be used to 'recharge' mana with the Atronach sign,
    and as for duration of spells, just create a new spell with a longer
    duration, like 5 minutes. And if you're running out of mana fast, you
    don't have enough. Work up intelligence, or choose a better race. I
    always use Dunmer for Battlemages, as they have both magic and fighting
    skills, and have a good balance of traits.

    ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > Brat_Boy wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible?
    >

    > Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
    > minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
    > ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
    > the same time.
    >
    > I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
    > simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
    > and one by a spell, for example.
    >
    > I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
    > with a scroll.

    I believe I have read a developer post in the past that says you can
    call multiples of the same "creature" with spells providing it's not the
    same spell, that is as long as it doesn't have the same internal Spell
    ID as well as the method described above.

    ~Cameron

    Brat_Boy wrote:
    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    >> Brat_Boy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it possible?
    >>

    >> Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several
    >> summoned minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an
    >> ancestral ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after
    >> another) all at the same time.
    >>
    >> I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
    >> simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a
    >> charm, and one by a spell, for example.
    >>
    >> I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
    >> with a scroll.
    >>

    > I just used summons to my great advantage. I'm still level 1, and I did
    > that Fighters' Guild quest where you go to the egg mine to kill the
    > poachers. Well, I summoned a Least Bonewalker and an Ancestral Ghost to
    > help me out, and they did a splendid (i love that word!) job! I'll be
    > using more summoning in the future!

    Indeed, they are quite good at first but unfortunately they don't do so
    well later on against higher level NPC, oh and a word of warning, if you
    are going to be summoning atronachs be careful you are well out of the
    way when they cast fire/shock etc... I have got a bit too close once or
    twice and ended up toasted/shocked to death by my own summon :X.

    ~Cameron

    Cameron wrote:

    > Indeed, they are quite good at first but unfortunately they don't do so
    > well later on against higher level NPC

    Not necassarily. It depends a lot on the area and if you are surprised
    or can approach the enemy from a distance before they spot you. I recall
    playing one of the last Suran Underworld quests where you had to kill a
    boss with a couple of mean bodyguards in a narrow building with a
    Nightblade character. Horrible fight. Tried melee combat, didn't work.
    Tried to blast the area with spells, didn't work. So got out my trusty
    Ring of Invisiblity, snuck into some narrow corner, gulped one restore
    magicka potion after the other and sent in my hordes of Daedra. Worked. :)

    Summons was also my tactic in the final Bloodmoon maze, which I found
    quite difficult with a physically relatively weak character. The only
    problem was to disable but not kill the stupid Imperial telling him to
    stay out of fight.

    Atronachs can be the cavalry if your resistance is good. They
    fire/freeze/shock the other summons, too. But who cares, those can be
    replaced. *rubs hands in glee*

    To sum it up, I find summoning quite useful from the beginning to the
    end of the game, but it depends much on the surroundings. But it fits my
    ultimate wimp nightblade to scout the area invisible, then send in some
    summoned fodder and finally wipe the dust of the unscratched armor.
    Morrowind has so many tactics to offer, that keeps the game interesting. :)

    Peter

    On a slightly different tangent, I noticed that you can Summon
    something, Soul Trap it, kill it and store the resulting soul! I have
    Soul-trapped Bone Lords, Atronachs and Scamps that I have Summoned. A
    very handy way to get a quick Soul Gem to charge an item with. They
    are worth 6,000 in cash, too, heh.

    You all probably know this anyway though... :)

    Palindrome

    "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Brat_Boy wrote:
    >
    > I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
    > simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
    > and one by a spell, for example.

    even two charm, or two different spells...

    Brat_Boy wrote:

    > Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
    > many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
    > fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
    > :p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
    > of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.

    I think the coolest enchantment (although I'm quite certain it's not
    possible) would be enchanting throwing stars with summon skeletal minion
    cast on strike :D

    I'm quite a fan of Jason and the Argonauts ;)

    >> I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different
    >> kinds of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.

    I fiddled a little with this. Here the results:

    If you have a spell "Summon Golden Saint" (for example, applies to each
    critter), you can only have one Golden Saint summoned by *this* spell at
    the same time. In other words, if you recast the spell while this
    particular Golden Saint is active, it will be replaced. So you cannot
    have two Golden Saints summoned by *this* spell.

    But, and now it's getting interesting: Assume you make 3 spells: "Summon
    Golden Saint 1", "Summon Golden Saint 2", "Summon Golden Saint 3", then
    you can have three Golden Saints active at the same time. Now if you
    distribute those spells on a couple of enchanted items and assign them
    to some quickslots, you can summon quite some army within seconds.
    Problem is, the game mostly crashes then for me. :)

    So basically you can have a theoretically unlimited number of critters.
    Though that can become overkill quickly. I usually stick with the
    premade spells you can buy, that's plenty of critters already.

    Cheers,

    Peter, experimental summoner

    Peter Strempel wrote:

    >>> I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
    >>> of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
    >

    > I fiddled a little with this. Here the results:
    >
    > If you have a spell "Summon Golden Saint" (for example, applies to each
    > critter), you can only have one Golden Saint summoned by *this* spell at
    > the same time. In other words, if you recast the spell while this
    > particular Golden Saint is active, it will be replaced. So you cannot
    > have two Golden Saints summoned by *this* spell.
    >
    > But, and now it's getting interesting: Assume you make 3 spells: "Summon
    > Golden Saint 1", "Summon Golden Saint 2", "Summon Golden Saint 3", then
    > you can have three Golden Saints active at the same time. Now if you
    > distribute those spells on a couple of enchanted items and assign them
    > to some quickslots, you can summon quite some army within seconds.
    > Problem is, the game mostly crashes then for me. :)
    >
    > So basically you can have a theoretically unlimited number of critters.
    > Though that can become overkill quickly. I usually stick with the
    > premade spells you can buy, that's plenty of critters already.
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Peter, experimental summoner

    I guess it's time to start considering multiple processors ;)

    (you could have a pentium 4 computing golden saint 1, one computing
    golden saint 2 ... :P)

Games Video Games