Summoning more than one creature at a time

Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.

Brat_Boy wrote:

> Is it possible?

Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
the same time.

I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
and one by a spell, for example.

I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
with a scroll.

And ToolPackinMama saith unto the gathered crowd:
> Brat_Boy wrote:
>

>>Is it possible?
>

> Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
> minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
> ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
> the same time.
>
> I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
> simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
> and one by a spell, for example.
>
> I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
> with a scroll.

I enchanted a Ring of Atronach to summon all 3 at once. Neat effect.

-mb

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Brat_Boy wrote:
>
>> Is it possible?
>

> Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
> minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
> ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
> the same time.
>
> I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
> simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
> and one by a spell, for example.
>
> I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
> with a scroll.

I just used summons to my great advantage. I'm still level 1, and I did
that Fighters' Guild quest where you go to the egg mine to kill the
poachers. Well, I summoned a Least Bonewalker and an Ancestral Ghost to
help me out, and they did a splendid (i love that word!) job! I'll be
using more summoning in the future!

Brat_Boy wrote:

> I just used summons to my great advantage. I'm still level 1, and I did
> that Fighters' Guild quest where you go to the egg mine to kill the
> poachers. Well, I summoned a Least Bonewalker and an Ancestral Ghost to
> help me out, and they did a splendid (i love that word!) job! I'll be
> using more summoning in the future!

Summoned minions are great! You can save a lot of wear and tear on your
sword/knife and armor if you set a summoning or two against your enemies
first. Many times my conjurer didn't have to lift a finger: the
summonings took care of everything.

markB wrote:

> I enchanted a Ring of Atronach to summon all 3 at once. Neat effect.

Good idea. BTW, if you advance high in house Telvanni, your patron
eventually gives you an enchanted glove that will do the same thing.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:23:43 -0400, Brat_Boy <astraus@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
>many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
>fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
>:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
>of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
Yes, you can have 1 of each kind, assuming you have enough magical
power.

Palindrome

Palindrome wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:23:43 -0400, Brat_Boy <astraus@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
>>many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
>>fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
>>:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
>>of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
>
> Yes, you can have 1 of each kind, assuming you have enough magical
> power.
>

> Palindrome
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to dragging my minions into caves for
plunder. Maybe now I'll have the nerve to explore...

AJ

"Brat_Boy" <astraus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
> many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
> fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
> :p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
> of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.

I never could do anything beneficial with summoning. the spell took a good
portion of my mana and they only last for a minute or so. Also, my pets can
never keep aggro and seeing as how I am extremely unhealthy I die in a
couple hits. oh well maybe you have better luck with it than I.

AJ wrote:
> "Brat_Boy" <astraus@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
>>many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
>>fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
>>:p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
>>of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
>

> I never could do anything beneficial with summoning. the spell took a good
> portion of my mana and they only last for a minute or so. Also, my pets can
> never keep aggro and seeing as how I am extremely unhealthy I die in a
> couple hits. oh well maybe you have better luck with it than I.

I find Bonewalkers to be extremely helpful companions, as they drain
some of the major attributes needed for fighting from opponents.
Ancestral Ghosts can be used to 'recharge' mana with the Atronach sign,
and as for duration of spells, just create a new spell with a longer
duration, like 5 minutes. And if you're running out of mana fast, you
don't have enough. Work up intelligence, or choose a better race. I
always use Dunmer for Battlemages, as they have both magic and fighting
skills, and have a good balance of traits.

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Brat_Boy wrote:
>
>> Is it possible?
>

> Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several summoned
> minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an ancestral
> ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after another) all at
> the same time.
>
> I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
> simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
> and one by a spell, for example.
>
> I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
> with a scroll.

I believe I have read a developer post in the past that says you can
call multiples of the same "creature" with spells providing it's not the
same spell, that is as long as it doesn't have the same internal Spell
ID as well as the method described above.

~Cameron

Brat_Boy wrote:
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
>> Brat_Boy wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible?
>>

>> Yes! I'm happy to report that it is possible to summon several
>> summoned minions at once. My current conjurer character can summon an
>> ancestral ghost, a winged twilight, and a golden saint, (one after
>> another) all at the same time.
>>
>> I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
>> simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a
>> charm, and one by a spell, for example.
>>
>> I have summoned up to four at once: three with spells, and one twin
>> with a scroll.
>>

> I just used summons to my great advantage. I'm still level 1, and I did
> that Fighters' Guild quest where you go to the egg mine to kill the
> poachers. Well, I summoned a Least Bonewalker and an Ancestral Ghost to
> help me out, and they did a splendid (i love that word!) job! I'll be
> using more summoning in the future!

Indeed, they are quite good at first but unfortunately they don't do so
well later on against higher level NPC, oh and a word of warning, if you
are going to be summoning atronachs be careful you are well out of the
way when they cast fire/shock etc... I have got a bit too close once or
twice and ended up toasted/shocked to death by my own summon :X.

~Cameron

Cameron wrote:

> Indeed, they are quite good at first but unfortunately they don't do so
> well later on against higher level NPC

Not necassarily. It depends a lot on the area and if you are surprised
or can approach the enemy from a distance before they spot you. I recall
playing one of the last Suran Underworld quests where you had to kill a
boss with a couple of mean bodyguards in a narrow building with a
Nightblade character. Horrible fight. Tried melee combat, didn't work.
Tried to blast the area with spells, didn't work. So got out my trusty
Ring of Invisiblity, snuck into some narrow corner, gulped one restore
magicka potion after the other and sent in my hordes of Daedra. Worked. :)

Summons was also my tactic in the final Bloodmoon maze, which I found
quite difficult with a physically relatively weak character. The only
problem was to disable but not kill the stupid Imperial telling him to
stay out of fight.

Atronachs can be the cavalry if your resistance is good. They
fire/freeze/shock the other summons, too. But who cares, those can be
replaced. *rubs hands in glee*

To sum it up, I find summoning quite useful from the beginning to the
end of the game, but it depends much on the surroundings. But it fits my
ultimate wimp nightblade to scout the area invisible, then send in some
summoned fodder and finally wipe the dust of the unscratched armor.
Morrowind has so many tactics to offer, that keeps the game interesting. :)

Peter

On a slightly different tangent, I noticed that you can Summon
something, Soul Trap it, kill it and store the resulting soul! I have
Soul-trapped Bone Lords, Atronachs and Scamps that I have Summoned. A
very handy way to get a quick Soul Gem to charge an item with. They
are worth 6,000 in cash, too, heh.

You all probably know this anyway though... :)

Palindrome

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Brat_Boy wrote:
>
> I have learned that it is possible to summon two ancestral ghosts
> simultaneously, *if* you summon them by different means: one by a charm,
> and one by a spell, for example.

even two charm, or two different spells...

Brat_Boy wrote:

> Is it possible? I'm kind of a weak battlemage, I've played the game with
> many different characters, and I'm thinking of taking a
> fighter-necromancer route this time. I've already got the alchemy down
> :p. I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
> of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.

I think the coolest enchantment (although I'm quite certain it's not
possible) would be enchanting throwing stars with summon skeletal minion
cast on strike :D

I'm quite a fan of Jason and the Argonauts ;)

>> I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different
>> kinds of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.

I fiddled a little with this. Here the results:

If you have a spell "Summon Golden Saint" (for example, applies to each
critter), you can only have one Golden Saint summoned by *this* spell at
the same time. In other words, if you recast the spell while this
particular Golden Saint is active, it will be replaced. So you cannot
have two Golden Saints summoned by *this* spell.

But, and now it's getting interesting: Assume you make 3 spells: "Summon
Golden Saint 1", "Summon Golden Saint 2", "Summon Golden Saint 3", then
you can have three Golden Saints active at the same time. Now if you
distribute those spells on a couple of enchanted items and assign them
to some quickslots, you can summon quite some army within seconds.
Problem is, the game mostly crashes then for me. :)

So basically you can have a theoretically unlimited number of critters.
Though that can become overkill quickly. I usually stick with the
premade spells you can buy, that's plenty of critters already.

Cheers,

Peter, experimental summoner

Peter Strempel wrote:

>>> I seem to remember that it's possible to summon 1 of different kinds
>>> of creatures at a time, but I'd like some clarification.
>

> I fiddled a little with this. Here the results:
>
> If you have a spell "Summon Golden Saint" (for example, applies to each
> critter), you can only have one Golden Saint summoned by *this* spell at
> the same time. In other words, if you recast the spell while this
> particular Golden Saint is active, it will be replaced. So you cannot
> have two Golden Saints summoned by *this* spell.
>
> But, and now it's getting interesting: Assume you make 3 spells: "Summon
> Golden Saint 1", "Summon Golden Saint 2", "Summon Golden Saint 3", then
> you can have three Golden Saints active at the same time. Now if you
> distribute those spells on a couple of enchanted items and assign them
> to some quickslots, you can summon quite some army within seconds.
> Problem is, the game mostly crashes then for me. :)
>
> So basically you can have a theoretically unlimited number of critters.
> Though that can become overkill quickly. I usually stick with the
> premade spells you can buy, that's plenty of critters already.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Peter, experimental summoner

I guess it's time to start considering multiple processors ;)

(you could have a pentium 4 computing golden saint 1, one computing
golden saint 2 ... :p)