Raid Configuration

How can I determine what raid configuration is configured on a Dell PowerEdge 6650 running Advanced Server 2000? I'm new to this company and I'm trying to learn more about the systems.

Hi
Raid can be implemented either is software level and hardware level

Got to the Programs, Administrative tools, and computer management, and
Disk management and if software raid is implemented we can see there

Configuring the hardware raid is most common, but hardware raid can be
implemented on server only if raid card is attached to it

While booting the server, read all information care fully and you can
notice the presence of raid card

Or go to the programs and check any application is installed by Dell for
monitoring the configuring the RAID.

RAID used in the dell server are Optional PowerEdge Expandable RAID
Controller, U160 Dual Channel (PERC 4/DC) or Optional PowerEdge Expandable
RAID Controller, Version 3, Quad Channel (PERC 3/QC) But the part is
optional

It there is no program installed on server then you can install the raid
management application by running the CD and install the software

Give me more details, So that i can help you to how to check RAID
information

Subbu

Thankyou very much. Now How can I tell what raid it is. Ex. Raid 0 or Raid 5 and so on.

I need to setup Veritas backup on two Dell PowerEdge 6650 servers running
Windows 2000 Advanced Server. They both are sharing the same raid array. A
vendor for Veritas has requested that I supply them with all of the
information I know about the server as far as what service packs their
running, storage, size of the data volume, is the OS on it's own drive and
separate from the applications drive, how the drives are split up and what
raid configuration they are running. The servers were set up off site so no
one on site knows what raid their running. I know the hardware is a
PERC3-DC. I just want to know how the data is being written.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks.

Brad Vriez

It looks like you have SAN box with inbuilt raid as a central storage
Two dell server with inbuilt (Hardware raid)
All 3 form a cluster

From Microsoft server point of view hard disk is transparent (It will not
see it as a RAID. It will consider it as Single Hard disk)

Please get support for Dell.