batch file event

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 27, 2004 9:45:27 AM

Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its
worked ok?
Thanks

More about : batch file event

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 11:47:04 AM

On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:45:27 +1000, "Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au>
wrote:

>Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
>daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its
>worked ok?
>Thanks

Yes.

Logevent.exe from the W2K Server reskit or Supplement One.
See tip 3277 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com for the list of
tools.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 2:37:43 PM

"Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message news:<40b4f3da$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au>...
> Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
> daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its
> worked ok?

eventcreate.exe could do what you want, unfortunately this is
an XP/2003 utility:

so it may not help you.

--
Matt Hickman
Don't you know about Sergeants? ... They don't

"Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message news:<40b4f3da$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au>...
> Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
> daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its

You can also use LogEvent method using WSH and VBS for this:

Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
objShell.LogEvent 0, "daily drive backup successfully run"

--
Matt Hickman
The air is so pure [in the Tricorn] that it really ought to be