batch file event

Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its
worked ok?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about batch file event

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:45:27 +1000, "Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au>
    wrote:

    >Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
    >daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its
    >worked ok?
    >Thanks

    Yes.

    Logevent.exe from the W2K Server reskit or Supplement One.
    See tip 3277 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com for the list of
    tools.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    "Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message news:<40b4f3da$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au>...
    > Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
    > daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its
    > worked ok?

    eventcreate.exe could do what you want, unfortunately this is
    an XP/2003 utility:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/eventtriggers.mspx

    so it may not help you.

    --
    Matt Hickman
    Don't you know about Sergeants? ... They don't

    "Martin" <4heppyno-spam@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message news:<40b4f3da$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au>...
    > Hi I have a small batch file for backing up the drive,this is run a s a
    > daily task,is there any way of adding it into event viewer so we know if its

    You can also use LogEvent method using WSH and VBS for this:

    Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    objShell.LogEvent 0, "daily drive backup successfully run"

    --
    Matt Hickman
    The air is so pure [in the Tricorn] that it really ought to be

Event Viewer Microsoft Servers Windows