Changing OS - is it necessary?

I am in Germany and intend to buy a laptop.
Everyone tells me that I can get onlu German OS and German
offcie here in the market.

When I ask if I can change the OS to english version and
how to do it, no one knows clear answer.

Could someone on this message board help?

I do not know German and if i get messages in german, I am
not able to understand what it means.

I intend to use MSOffice and some CAD work. All apps are
in English

Thanks for reply.
Anant Padhye

Buy it from an online store in the US have it shipped to you.

Andre

Anant Padhye wrote:
> I am in Germany and intend to buy a laptop.
> Everyone tells me that I can get onlu German OS and German
> offcie here in the market.
>
> When I ask if I can change the OS to english version and
> how to do it, no one knows clear answer.
>
> Could someone on this message board help?
>
> I do not know German and if i get messages in german, I am
> not able to understand what it means.
>
> I intend to use MSOffice and some CAD work. All apps are
> in English
>
> Thanks for reply.
> Anant Padhye
No it cannot be changed to English. You need to buy
the English version.

gls858

You'll have to specifically specify you want the
'English Version" of Windows XP installed on your
computer. Windows XP is written in specific language
versions and once installed, cannot be change to a
different language version.
Visit http://www.dell.com/ and order a Dell laptop.
You can't go wrong with a Dell.

--