changing from Workgroup to Domain

Hi,

I have a Win2000 Adv. Serv. installed as a member of a workgroup and now I
want to change it to become a domain, How can I do that? In the My Computer
proterties, the button "Network ID" is inactive. Thanks

Frank

On Fri, 28 May 2004 16:46:27 -0600, "Maher Shwaiki" <frank673@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Win2000 Adv. Serv. installed as a member of a workgroup and now I
>want to change it to become a domain, How can I do that? In the My Computer
>proterties, the button "Network ID" is inactive. Thanks
>
>Frank

If this is the first domain controller in a new domain, run DCPROMO.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

I assume you mean that you want to create a new domain? If so, you want to
run dcpromo to promote a server to a domain controller. Here is an article
to start with:

238369 HOW TO: Promote and Demote Domain Controllers in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238369

--
Emmers Presson [MSFT]