Event id 4147

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 1, 2004 4:58:53 AM

I have the last 4 months a Windows 2000 cluster machine with SQL
Server 2000.In the event viewer I receive the event 4147.Even though
I'm receiving this,the machine seems to work fine without any error
reported by the users.My question is this,what problems will I face in
future if I don't correct this error?
Also I'm thinking of unistalling SQL Server,run the comclust.exe and
re-installing the SQL Server.Should this be done on the location where
the machine is or I can do it through means of remote administration
(like VNC or PC Anywhere)?

More about : event 4147

Anonymous
June 8, 2004 9:33:22 PM

"4147 The IISADMIN service is not available, so virtual roots cannot be
indexed.

Start the IIS Administration service (or figure out why it is not starting).
You could also remove tracking of virtual roots from Indexing Service if you
do not need IIS any more. "

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/def...

--
Van Thothathri