What does my Epson R200 need?

Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc

The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).

I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.

Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like one
is low, but it's not empty.

TIA,

Scott Reeve
6 answers Last reply
More about what epson r200 need

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:12:45 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers "Scott Reeve"
    <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote:

    >Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
    >
    >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
    >
    >The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
    >printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
    >Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
    >
    >I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
    >
    >Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like one
    >is low, but it's not empty.

    What did the nozzle check look like? After the head cleaning did you heck
    it again? Possibly looks like a plugged cart.

    Next. exactly what were the driver settings and what paper are you using?
    ----------
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    I would of thought it was the scan that had the fault. What did your nozzle
    test show you.

    "Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
    >
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
    >
    > The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
    > printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
    > Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
    >
    > I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
    >
    > Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like
    one
    > is low, but it's not empty.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Scott Reeve

    "Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
    >
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
    >
    > The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
    > printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
    > Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
    >
    > I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
    >
    > Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like one
    > is low, but it's not empty.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Scott Reeve

    assuming the negative image is what the print actually looks like, I would guess
    that either your printing application or the printer driver is pointing at a
    color profile [.icc] for some other printer.

    Hi,

    As the other folks have said, what does a nozzle check actually show? Are
    any of the colors missing? If not then I would suggest that there is a
    mis-setting on the print software either by you or a corruption in the
    driver. If the later's the case either check your settings and correct or
    remove the software and reinstall the printer.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > "Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
    >>
    >> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
    >>
    >> The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
    >> printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
    >> Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
    >>
    >> I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
    >>
    >> Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like
    >> one
    >> is low, but it's not empty.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Scott Reeve
    >>

    > assuming the negative image is what the print actually looks like, I would
    > guess
    > that either your printing application or the printer driver is pointing at
    > color profile [.icc] for some other printer.

    Lack of yellow gives the following picture
    http://www.inkline.gr/temp/LackOfYellow.jpg (close to the printed one). So I
    suspect blocked yellow printhead. Epson printers don't clean the printhead
    if any cartridge is low, so you need to replace magenta. But because
    replacing magenta cartridge it will do a cleaning cycle, the light magenta
    and yellow will go low too. I suggest to replace magenta, light magenta and
    yellow at once.

    --
    Yianni
    in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

    --
    "Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
    >
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
    >
    > The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
    > printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
    > Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
    >
    > I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
    >
    > Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like
    one
    > is low, but it's not empty.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Scott Reeve

    The purple image is not a negative of the full color one. It's just
    missing several colors. It has no yellow in it at all. It seems to be
    also missing dark magenta and one of the cyans (probably the dark).

    I agree that a nozzle test should tell a lot.

    I actually really like the purple image, BTW.

    Art

    SamSez wrote:

    > "Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
    >>
    >>http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
    >>
    >>The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
    >>printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
    >>Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
    >>
    >>I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
    >>
    >>Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like one
    >>is low, but it's not empty.
    >>
    >>TIA,
    >>
    >>Scott Reeve
    >>

    > assuming the negative image is what the print actually looks like, I would guess
    > that either your printing application or the printer driver is pointing at a
    > color profile [.icc] for some other printer.

Printers Microsoft Word Epson Peripherals