What does my Epson R200 need?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 29, 2005 6:12:45 PM

Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc

The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).

I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.

Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like one
is low, but it's not empty.

TIA,

Scott Reeve

More about : epson r200

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 6:12:46 PM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:12:45 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers "Scott Reeve"
<scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote:

>Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
>
>http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
>
>The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
>printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
>Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
>
>I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
>
>Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like one
>is low, but it's not empty.

What did the nozzle check look like? After the head cleaning did you heck
it again? Possibly looks like a plugged cart.

Next. exactly what were the driver settings and what paper are you using?
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com
May 29, 2005 6:24:04 PM

I would of thought it was the scan that had the fault. What did your nozzle
test show you.

"Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
>
> The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
> printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
> Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
>
> I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
>
> Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like
one
> is low, but it's not empty.
>
> TIA,
>
> Scott Reeve

May 29, 2005 6:26:26 PM

"Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
>
> The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
> printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
> Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
>
> I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
>
> Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like one
> is low, but it's not empty.
>
> TIA,
>
> Scott Reeve

assuming the negative image is what the print actually looks like, I would guess
that either your printing application or the printer driver is pointing at a
color profile [.icc] for some other printer.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 6:49:11 PM

Hi,

As the other folks have said, what does a nozzle check actually show? Are
any of the colors missing? If not then I would suggest that there is a
mis-setting on the print software either by you or a corruption in the
driver. If the later's the case either check your settings and correct or
remove the software and reinstall the printer.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
"SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
>>
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
>>
>> The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
>> printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
>> Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
>>
>> I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
>>
>> Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like
>> one
>> is low, but it's not empty.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Scott Reeve
>>

> assuming the negative image is what the print actually looks like, I would
> guess
> that either your printing application or the printer driver is pointing at
> color profile [.icc] for some other printer.

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 7:19:05 AM

Lack of yellow gives the following picture
http://www.inkline.gr/temp/LackOfYellow.jpg (close to the printed one). So I
suspect blocked yellow printhead. Epson printers don't clean the printhead
if any cartridge is low, so you need to replace magenta. But because
replacing magenta cartridge it will do a cleaning cycle, the light magenta
and yellow will go low too. I suggest to replace magenta, light magenta and
yellow at once.

--
Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

--
"Scott Reeve" <scott.reeve@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Here is a Microsoft Word document containing pictures of my problem:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6mrju/compare.doc
>
> The first picture is from the JPG. The second picture is a scan of the
> printout that my R200 made (Yuck).
> Below that is more printer informaiton (namely, the ink levels).
>
> I've done a Nozzle Check and a Head Cleaning, neither had any effect.
>
> Do I just need to replace one or more of the cartridges? It seems like
one
> is low, but it's not empty.
>
> TIA,
>
> Scott Reeve

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:41:04 PM

The purple image is not a negative of the full color one. It's just
missing several colors. It has no yellow in it at all. It seems to be
also missing dark magenta and one of the cyans (probably the dark).

I agree that a nozzle test should tell a lot.

I actually really like the purple image, BTW.

Art

!