I can't view my search results.

sungsean

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
I do a search on the Forumz.
First or second page links work.
On the third link or the 'Next' link', I get "No topics met your search criteria." message on the result page.
What 's happened?

zjohnr

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I read the OP just before I was about to post about the exact same problem.

Here's an example. I do a search in the Hardware section with "Search for all terms" selected and using the following three search keywords: gigabyte rev 3.3
The search results come back with "Page 1 of 40". I click "Next" to go to page 2 and get the "No topics met your search criteria" message.

I also get this message almost every time I do a search on a userid and it returns more than 1 page of topics.

Something seems to be quite consistently broken in your Forumz search engine!

-john

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I have just tried this. I couldn't replicate the problem, using the exact same text you described. I tried in IE, Firefox and Opera.

zjohnr

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I have just tried this. I couldn't replicate the problem, using the exact same text you described. I tried in IE, Firefox and Opera.
Great. An intermittent problem. It's not failing for me either at this time. All I can think to do is to post to this thread again the next I see this failure. :evil:

FWIW, I don't think the browser used matters for this error. The "No topics met your search criteria" error message seems to indicate pretty clearly that it comes from the search engine on a site server, don't you think? Could it be caused by a lack of resources at times when the server load is high??

Thanks for trying to look into it.

-john

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
I can confirm that this is an intermittent error. "How?" you may ask. "Simple," I explain. "I experience this problem intermittently." :wink:

Seriously, it is intermittent.