Accounts Locked out

Greetings,

I have a windows 2000 workgroup.

Every morning when some users try to access the server via
network mapping they get an error message saying that
their user account has been locked out and should contact
the administrator.

Since I'm the administrator I have to find out what the
heck is going on.

Notice that when I see their account in the windows 2000
local users and groups mmc, the accounts aren't locked.

What can I do....
1 answer Last reply
More about accounts locked

    You will have to check their passwords on every single box they access as
    probably their account is not locked out locally but on the machine they are
    trying to access. This is one the biggest problems with a workgroup as
    passwords are not synchronized so a change on one machine means you have to
    go to every machine that has a local account with the same name and change
    the password there too.

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Trunk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I have a windows 2000 workgroup.
    >
    > Every morning when some users try to access the server via
    > network mapping they get an error message saying that
    > their user account has been locked out and should contact
    > the administrator.
    >
    > Since I'm the administrator I have to find out what the
    > heck is going on.
    >
    > Notice that when I see their account in the windows 2000
    > local users and groups mmc, the accounts aren't locked.
    >
    > What can I do....

Windows 2000 Servers Windows