Starting A Service With A Batch File

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 2, 2004 6:01:02 PM

I am running Filemaker on a W2K Server. I have to stop the Filemaker service in order to create a backup of the database files. Otherwise the backup program (Veritas Backup Exec) thinks the files are in use and doesn't back them up properly.

Can you tell me how to automate this task by creating a batch file that I can schedule to run before the backup process? Then I'll use a similar method to start the service backup again after the backup executes. Is there a different technique you would recommend?

Thank you.
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 10:21:26 PM

Simply run "net stop servicename" and "net start servicename" in order to
stop or start the service. If the service has any spaces be sure to
encapsulate it in quotes.

Andrew Hodes
MCP, MCSA, MOS

!