Necessities of Morrowind mod - expansion to other mods

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 16, 2004 1:57:57 AM

Recently I installed "Necessities of Morrowind" v2.01.
This mod forces the player to eat, drink and rest every day. Except
for sleeping, this can happen almost automatically. As far as I'm
concerned, this mod enrichens the game a great deal. The mod creator
did a comprehensive job on adding food and water sources all over
Morrowind, Mournhold and Solstheim. However, he didn't alter other
mods, which really is a problem when you are exploring greater
landmasses like Havish.
To fix this, I'm currently editing the "Haldenshore" mod by changing
the well, the casks in the tavern, etc.
Has anyone already done this for other mods and is willing to share
the changes? Specifically, I'm looking for edited versions of
- Beyond Ysgramor v1.0 (Windhelm, Ysgramor, Taviin Rift, ...)
- Suran Underworld (Suran Sewers)
- Havish
- Village of Mora Uvirith

Thanks in advance.
Bjoern

More about : necessities morrowind mod expansion mods

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 3:25:47 AM

Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote:

[...]
:
:Thanks in advance.
:Bjoern

In dealing with adventuring in "the real world", one would more than likely
encounter areas where food and water would be either very difficult or
impossible to find. You may consider treating some of the mods listed as the
kind of areas it is necessary to carry supplies needed for your explorations.
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 5:58:53 AM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:25:47 GMT, DamFiNo <nospam@this.com> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> :Recently I installed "Necessities of Morrowind" v2.01.
> :This mod forces the player to eat, drink and rest every day. Except
> :for sleeping, this can happen almost automatically. As far as I'm
> :concerned, this mod enrichens the game a great deal. The mod creator
> :D id a comprehensive job on adding food and water sources all over
> :Morrowind, Mournhold and Solstheim. However, he didn't alter other
> :mods, which really is a problem when you are exploring greater
> :landmasses like Havish.
> :To fix this, I'm currently editing the "Haldenshore" mod by changing
> :the well, the casks in the tavern, etc.
> :Has anyone already done this for other mods and is willing to share
> :the changes? Specifically, I'm looking for edited versions of
> :- Beyond Ysgramor v1.0 (Windhelm, Ysgramor, Taviin Rift, ...)
> :- Suran Underworld (Suran Sewers)
> :- Havish
> :- Village of Mora Uvirith
> :
> :Thanks in advance.
> :Bjoern
>
> In dealing with adventuring in "the real world", one would more than
> likely encounter areas where food and water would be either very
> difficult or impossible to find. You may consider treating some of
> the mods listed as the kind of areas it is necessary to carry
> supplies needed for your explorations.

You're certainly right, but Havish features a city which is greater
than Balmora. Such a city would never exist without a water source.
The same applies to Taviin Rift from "Beyond Ysgramor".
Both islands feature a lot of vegetation, as well. If they were deserts,
I'd forget about wells and bring my water bottles. But in a big city I
expect to find public water sources and merchants who sell food.

Bjoern
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 6:29:23 AM

Bjoern Liffers wrote:
> - Beyond Ysgramor v1.0 (Windhelm, Ysgramor, Taviin Rift, ...)
> - Suran Underworld (Suran Sewers)
> - Havish
> - Village of Mora Uvirith

An addition to the list would be The Black Mill which also includes a
very large city (forgot the name of the city now, doh). There are some
food merchants and publicians, but they only sell the standard Morrowind
stuff. And there are no wells, which is annoying.

Not sure if Suran underworld needs special food stuff. It has already a
publician (that kitten) who sells standard food. Otherwise, Suran isn't
far off and the boss down there has odd eating habits anyways. :)

From my experience with the author of Necessities, she seems quite
cooperative and generally interested in suggestions.

Peter
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 3:41:40 PM

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 02:29:23 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>> - Beyond Ysgramor v1.0 (Windhelm, Ysgramor, Taviin Rift, ...)
>> - Suran Underworld (Suran Sewers)
>> - Havish
>> - Village of Mora Uvirith
>
> An addition to the list would be The Black Mill which also includes a
> very large city (forgot the name of the city now, doh). There are some
> food merchants and publicians, but they only sell the standard Morrowind
> stuff. And there are no wells, which is annoying.

Standard Morrowind food will do. Additional cooked food is just for
game atmosphere. Missing wells is annoying, but I guess that there is
sufficient space to build one.

> Not sure if Suran underworld needs special food stuff. It has already a
> publician (that kitten) who sells standard food. Otherwise, Suran isn't
> far off and the boss down there has odd eating habits anyways. :)

Right. Kergill doesn't need the usual food, but everyone else down there
does. I guess, I'll change the sewer waterfalls to the NoM-Versions and
leave it at that.

> From my experience with the author of Necessities, she seems quite
> cooperative and generally interested in suggestions.

I'll contact her. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bjoern
!