How to fool hardware detection by applications

cpy

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
Thing is, that applications know your hardware somehow from somewhere.
You get something like this in some games.
Your CPU: C2Q6600 ~ 2.4Ghz
RAM: 2GB
GPU: NV 6600

Is there a way to block or alter this for applications? Either for worse or better?

I want to change this detection mechanism that reports your current hardware configuration to aplication.

From Ram: 128MB to report as if i had 1GB
etc

cpy

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
I have Ci7 950, 12GB RAM, Asus 480GTX, 750GB HDD,

trying to mask it as some

Celeron 1.7Ghz 1GB ram and some integrated GPU.

Yeah i can run every game with it.

Fowang: if you can't understand english then stop posting bs: "Fragment consider revising", you know what it even means? It's stupid MS word if computer can't understand sentence. Apparently computers beat you in understanding written language congratz you're worse than computers.

This is the opposite of what your original post stated. And with an attitude like that, you won't get much help around here. It's not our fault if you don't state your question clearly.

cpy

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

Opposite? I asked for a method to modify HW it does NOT matter which way, to higher or lower spec. I asked if it was able to change! Learn to read.

malici0usc0de

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2004
Try this!

Remove the memory from your computer and look at the sticker on the side of it. You will notice the capacity is written somewhere on that label. Using some sort of marker or pen just put a line through the capacity they marked on there and beside it write in the capacity you want it to be. Make sure your computer is powered off and all memory modules are removed before trying this mod or damage could occur. If the game still has issues because of too much memory then send me a PM and I will trade you for a unit I have in the closet. It only has 32Mb of memory and no application you would ever want to run will complain that is too much. Depending on the specs of your system we could probably do the deal straight across. Otherwise you will need to include a little extra coin to cover the unevenness of the deal.

Oh it has Windows 95 on it too so you will gain the advantage of added compatibility for other legacy applications as well like Wolfinstein 3D and Quake! This thing will rock Wolfinstein all day long and a solid 30fps! No joke!

You must be flippin joking...