XP box won't join domain

Hi,

I have an XP laptop which will not join a domain at work.

The error message is:

A domain controller for the nbt domain could not be contacted. Error was
"The DNS name does not exist"

However, this is not true, I have many computers on this domain.

Can anyone shed light on this problem?

Many Thanks

NEIL

Check the IP Address of the System by typing IPconfig/all at command prompt
Check the IP address of other system is it matching with this computer.

Subbu

yes, IP is fine - on DHCP anyway, but also tried manual config in case this
was an issue.

The astonishing thing is I have added machines to this domain many times,
including one other XP so WHY NOW, when it's the bosses new laptop, does it
go wrong??

NEIL

"Subrahmanya Bhandarkar [MSFT]" <v-subrab@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:KUenw6YSEHA.304@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl...