Unable to find Domain Controller

For the past week I have been noticed in all my users event logs 100 to be exact Is event ID 5719 " No domain Controller is available for the domain" When users logon they sometimes get a message that message as well then when they put in their password a second time they are able to get in. Also sometimes when they put in their user name and password it hangs on the logon screen for around 15 - 20 seconds before they can be authenticated. Does anyone have an idea of what can be causing this? All our WS are XP SP1 and servers are 2000 advanced. We are running SAV 8.1 and spybot on a few pc's.

I could be wrong but it sounds like a DNS issue to me. Make sure DNS is set
up and configured properly.

Andrew Hodes
MCP, MCSA, MOS