Ghost image restore

sunny

I built a Windows Server 2003 on a Dell PowerEdge server. After I finished the intallations, before setting up DHCP, DNS, and user groups, I made a Ghost image.

After couple days of playing around with the configuration, I want to start all over. So, I restore the image from CDs I made. When I reboot the server, I find out the users groups I created are still there, same as the DNS settings. But something was set to original stage. Like I set the DNS to start when the sever started, and now it is not after I did the restore, which mean this setting did get restore.

Now I am really confused. Should I wipe out the C drive before the restore? Is there a way to do it without touch D (data) drive)?

Thanks!

Ghost restores exactly the state cloned; It writes 0s and 1s on the disk and
nothing more.
Do not clone DC.