NTLDR and then KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error

My PC's description:

- P4, >700MB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: two 80GB drives using RAID 0 to single 160GB
- Dual boot: W2K Advance Server on C: partition and XP
Professional on D: partitions

PROBLEM:

Both OS were working fine until I updated SP for
Adv.Server, Adv.Server did NOT boot correctly and XP was
still bootable.

I decided to keep XP only, I accidently format C: (where
Adv.Server resided) then XP didnot start anymore and
gave "NTLDR is missing". I read some KBs on Microsoft and
thought that I already wiped out "boot.ini, ntldr,
ntdetect.com" on C: therefore it cannot detect XP. So I
decide to reinstall W2K Adv. Server again on C:

BUT after this install, it gave another problems:

1/ it won't show dual boot Adv. server and XP. But only
directly boot into Adv.Server but after boot directly to
Adv. Server it has "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error at
some point at "sis.sys" and it just hang right there.

2/ I used W2K Recovery Repair steps to see boot.ini file,
then I just saw
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows 2000
Advance Server" /fastdetect

Then I added following line into [operating systems]:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows XP
Professional" /fastdetect

BUT it can't detect XP???

Please help multiple problems!!!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about ntldr kmode_exception_not_handled error

    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x1E)
    This is a very common bug code. Usually the exception address pinpoints the
    driver or function that caused the problem. Always note this address as well
    as the link date of the driver or image that contains this address. A common
    error is exception code 0x80000003. This error means a hard-coded breakpoint
    or assertion was hit, but the system was booted with the /NODEBUG switch.
    This problem should not occur very often. If it occurs repeatedly, make sure
    a debugger is connected and the system is booted with the /DEBUG switch.

    On non-Intel systems, if the address of the exception is 0XBFC0304, the bug
    code is the result of a cache-parity error on the CPU. If the problem
    reoccurs frequently, contact the hardware manufacturer.

    Parameters:
    1 - The exception code that was not handled
    2 - The address at which the exception occurred
    3 - Parameter 0 of the exception
    4 - Parameter 1 of the exception

    Possible Resolutions to Stop 0x0a, 0x01e and 0x50 Errors:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q183169

    Gathering Blue Screen Information After Memory Dump in Windows 2000 or
    Windows NT:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q192463

    Crash Dump Analysis:
    http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=16425

    Windows NT Kernel Debugging Resources
    http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=5132

    Using Microsoft's x86 Kernel Debugger
    http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=5131

    Regards,
    /Jimmy
    --
    Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

    "ht1234" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My PC's description:
    >
    > - P4, >700MB RAM
    > - HARD DRIVE: two 80GB drives using RAID 0 to single 160GB
    > - Dual boot: W2K Advance Server on C: partition and XP
    > Professional on D: partitions
    >
    > PROBLEM:
    >
    > Both OS were working fine until I updated SP for
    > Adv.Server, Adv.Server did NOT boot correctly and XP was
    > still bootable.
    >
    > I decided to keep XP only, I accidently format C: (where
    > Adv.Server resided) then XP didnot start anymore and
    > gave "NTLDR is missing". I read some KBs on Microsoft and
    > thought that I already wiped out "boot.ini, ntldr,
    > ntdetect.com" on C: therefore it cannot detect XP. So I
    > decide to reinstall W2K Adv. Server again on C:
    >
    > BUT after this install, it gave another problems:
    >
    > 1/ it won't show dual boot Adv. server and XP. But only
    > directly boot into Adv.Server but after boot directly to
    > Adv. Server it has "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error at
    > some point at "sis.sys" and it just hang right there.
    >
    > 2/ I used W2K Recovery Repair steps to see boot.ini file,
    > then I just saw
    > [boot loader]
    > timeout=30
    > default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
    > [operating systems]
    > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows 2000
    > Advance Server" /fastdetect
    >
    > Then I added following line into [operating systems]:
    >
    > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows XP
    > Professional" /fastdetect
    >
    > BUT it can't detect XP???
    >
    > Please help multiple problems!!!!!

Servers Windows XP Windows