multiple IP on WAN , 1:1 routing to LAN

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.wan (More info?)

Hello,

I have 5 linux boxes used for streaming video.

Is there a network device which will have one WAN interface
which can accept 5 IP address and route each WAN IP a corresponding
LAN IP 1:1.

200.1.1.1 [ ] ---> 192.168.1.1
200.1.1.2 [ ] ---> 192.168.1.2
200.1.1.3 [ROUTER ] ---> 192.168.1.3
200.1.1.4 [ ] ---> 192.168.1.4
200.1.1.5 [ ] ---> 192.168.1.5

Thanks
--
Jay
1 answer Last reply

    "Laitkor" <laitkor@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Is there a network device which will have one WAN interface which can
    > accept 5 IP address and route each WAN IP a corresponding LAN IP 1:1.

    > 200.1.1.1 [ ] ---> 192.168.1.1

    I think any firewall should do this. Many SOHO broadband routers could also
    do the mapping.

    My favorite is m0n0wall: http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/

    This is a FreeBSD based firewall program. For hardware you can use any (old)
    PC, preferably with the hard drive replaced by an IDE to CF adapter and a
    8 MB Compact Flash card.

    --
    Petri Krohn
    petri. krohn <a@t> iki. FI(nland)