Sign in with
Your question
Solved

USB headset

Last response: in Windows 7
May 9, 2011 9:36:03 AM

Hello,
I am using Plantronics usb headset...it say unable to install and at same time my hp laptop it say no base system driver...can help me fix?

More about : usb headset

Best solution

May 9, 2011 6:31:21 PM

looking at the plantronics site was useless and the link to the faq was ungodly huge, so i am just c&ping

Question
What devices should be listed in the Device Manager of my Computer?
Answer

The drivers required for your Plantronics USB headset should load automatically - no software required. The follwing drivers should appear in your Device Manager:

Under Human Interface Devices:

HID-compliant consumer control device
USB Human Interface Device

Under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers:

USB Audio Device
After you plug in your headset, you should also find "Bulk Driver” or “Plantronics Headset” or “USB/Audio Adapter"

To Locate the Device Manager:

Windows Vista or 7: Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Double-click the System icon, and then click Device Manager on the left hand side of the screen.
Windows 2000 and XP: Click Start, Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click the System icon. Click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.
May 9, 2011 6:56:37 PM

True, Plantronic website is useless. When i pluged in the usb, my headset got power light turned on but in device manager it say unknown device. I tried update driver it say u got the latest. Seems nothing much can do on this. Btw thanks for the reply.
m
l
May 16, 2011 10:26:56 AM

Best answer selected by lifes46.
m
l
!