Hate New N'vidia Control Panel

Do you prefer the old N''vidia control panel?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I like them equally.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Undecided/Haven''t tried them.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
Is there a way to avoid using the new N'vidia control panel? When I initially tried it out there was an option to not use it, but with 91.31 this option seems to have been removed. I was initially able to use the old control panel, but after a while it randomly switched on its own and now I can't get it back.

-mcg

severeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
Yes, Just access the nvidia controls by right clicking your desktop and clicking properties. Then goto settings and advanced, then your graphics card should be listed on the top as a tab. Go there, and select classic control panel.

I think there is a sub-section called control panel user interface or something like that.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I I was initially able to use the old control panel, but after a while it randomly switched on its own and now I can't get it back.

:roll:

21crr04.jpg

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
:lol: :lol:
I clicked in the wrong place...

I HATE the new control panel and the über-annoying SLI pop-up dialog, even though both things can be fixed and/or removed.
Why didn't NVidia keep the old, classic, simple control panel? It is SO good.
This "Vista" trend SUCKS. Too many menus, too many dialogs. :evil:

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Perhaps if they had released a fully functional CP and not an alpha version, wich only supports a handful of the features I'm used to.

Especially profiles, once I learnt that thing they get rid of it, sigh.

Well, good part is it's built with C++ or similar, it doesn't require the hideous .NET drivers to be installed, and it doesn't take five Minutes to load up like the ATi CCC...

What's the point of making it user friendlier anyway?
More risk of the uninformed to mess up their settings.
The old one looks too daunting to the uninformed so they don't mess with it... -_-,

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
I should have mentioned earlier that I'm not quite running standard drivers since this is for my laptop. :oops: I've been using custom .inf files from LaptopVideo2Go.com and that window you have showing there doesn't show up for me... ah heck. :cry:
Thanks anyhow.

-mcg