Event ID: 1014
Date: 6/10/2004
Time: 1:41:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN
The JET Database call returned the following error : -
1032. Additional Debug Information: JetInit.
Data:
0000: f8 fb ff ff øûÿÿ

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DhcpServer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1014
Date: 6/10/2004
Time: 1:41:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN
The JET Database call returned the following error : -
1029. Additional Debug Information: JetTerm/JetTerm2.
Data:
0000: fb fb ff ff ûûÿÿ

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DhcpServer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1004
Date: 6/10/2004
Time: 1:41:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN
The DHCP service failed to initialize the database. The
following error occurred:
An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. Look
at the
DHCP server event log for more information on this error.

Data:
0000: 2d 4e 00 00 -N..

peter

After a great deal of wasted time, this issue has been
resolved. The problem was due to insufficient permissions on
the clustered volume.

The 1032 Jet error code in the original post indicates a "File
Access Denied". This was occuring when the DHCP service
was starting and the Jet engine was trying to create the
DHCP database file or log file.

The DHCP Server service requires that the SYSTEM account
have full control permissions on the root of the volume on
which the DHCP database is stored. These permissions must
exist on the root, as in P:\ It is not sufficient that the
permission exists only on the actual database directory.

In the case of this particular problem, the database directory
had been assigned the correct permissions but, there were
no SYSTEM account permissions on the root of the drive.
Once the permissions were added to the root of the drive, the
DHCP Server service started normally.

Interestingly, the WINS service, which also relies on the Jet
database engine, does not seem to require this permission
setting as DHCP does.

TRENDING THREADS