connecting to internet from workstation via SBS2000

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.smallbiz.sbsisp,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hi,

I have asked this before, but never been able to solve the problem.

In a SBS2000 setup, I can access the internet from the server, but not from
any workstation..

I have 2 NICs, one to ADSL another to network.

I have entered the relevant users in backoffice internet users.

Despite this none of the users or admin can get on internet except at
server.

Where do I go next?

Many thanks

NEIL

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.smallbiz.sbsisp,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Is the Firewall client installed on the workstations? Does it point to your
server and is 'autodiscovery' turned off?
Does the ipconfig/all from the workstations show that everything is pointing
to the server-IP?
Have you run the ICW-wizard on the server? Checked the bindingorder of the
nics, and made sure the internal nic is on top?

--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

"Neil Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> I have asked this before, but never been able to solve the problem.
>
> In a SBS2000 setup, I can access the internet from the server, but not
from
> any workstation..
>
> I have 2 NICs, one to ADSL another to network.
>
> I have entered the relevant users in backoffice internet users.
>
> Despite this none of the users or admin can get on internet except at
> server.
>
> Where do I go next?
>
> Many thanks
>
> NEIL

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.smallbiz.sbsisp,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Firewall is active on server but I did not know there was a workstation
client - is it necessary?

ipconfig /all shows gateway and dns pointing to server.

I ran icw wizard originally - even had probs with that, but got it going
eventually. Binding order was wrong, but I have corrected that and restarted
server.

Still no success.

Getting some flack now, so any help is greatly appreciated!!

"Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" <marina@roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com> wrote in message
> Is the Firewall client installed on the workstations? Does it point to
your
> server and is 'autodiscovery' turned off?
> Does the ipconfig/all from the workstations show that everything is
pointing
> to the server-IP?
> Have you run the ICW-wizard on the server? Checked the bindingorder of the
> nics, and made sure the internal nic is on top?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Marina
> Microsoft SBS-MVP
>
> "Neil Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have asked this before, but never been able to solve the problem.
> >
> > In a SBS2000 setup, I can access the internet from the server, but not
> from
> > any workstation..
> >
> > I have 2 NICs, one to ADSL another to network.
> >
> > I have entered the relevant users in backoffice internet users.
> >
> > Despite this none of the users or admin can get on internet except at
> > server.
> >
> > Where do I go next?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > NEIL

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.smallbiz.sbsisp,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hi Neil,

Install the firewall client from \\servername\mspclnt on the workstations.
Check the IE-settings, tab Connections, LAN-settings and make sure that
proxy is pointing to your server and port 8080.