Sign in with
Your question

ATI X1900XT - Please help!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 29, 2006 10:31:15 PM

I just assembled my new compy a few days ago and loading up some games to test my new card. Well, I run Half Life 2: Episode 1 and Hitman: Blood Money and I get texture tearing, and strang little orange triangles in a checkerboard pattern. To top it all off, I am getting blue screens in XP!

Does anyone know what this could be? I suspect the card may be bad, OR it may be my PSU.

Please help!!!

Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe
2 GB OCZ PC5400 667MHZ RAM (Matched Pair)
Thermaltake W0049 600W PSU
AMD 64 x2 4600+
ATI X1900XT PCI-E

I bought this card a Futureshop, online. So I hope I can just return it easily and make this bad dream go away!

Chef

More about : ati x1900xt

July 30, 2006 11:46:39 AM

Well, I'd say IF it was a psu problem, then the card would cut out and cause the pc to reboot.

Any graphic anomolies normally point to gcard/mem overheating due to gcard being inproperly assembled, running hot in the pc case, or just plain bad luck with the gpu being part of a bad batch.

Get ATiTool, and try and use manual or redefined fan control scheme in order for the gcard to go cooler. BUT, seeing that you bought a new card, and maybe the fan control is buggered up and you can get it to work, you will always feel that something is wrong - so return it for a new one!
!