Can't Access an AD Server

scotts

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Hi

I have an issue accessing an AD server; do to hardware failure I needed to
restore the server from tape. Veritas BE was unable to restore the sysvol
share point, but it did restore the files and folders. I created the share
and right however as an end user I cannot logon to the server. When I browse
the network places to the server I cannot access the server. I receive the
error Logon failure: the target account name is incorrect. This happens as
the admin as well.

I feel it could be a permission issue. Can anyone tell me how to reset the
security permission on an AD server? I want to set them to the same level as
it would be after you promote the server to an AD I know its doable I jus
went brain dead on the syntax.

Thanks

Scott

The server will not advertise itself util the sysvol is shared. There us an
article to recreate the sysvol directory and recreate the default domain
policies. The util is called recreatedefpol
"ScottS" <SSalvatore@lbmca.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> I have an issue accessing an AD server; do to hardware failure I needed to
> restore the server from tape. Veritas BE was unable to restore the sysvol
> share point, but it did restore the files and folders. I created the share
> and right however as an end user I cannot logon to the server. When I
browse
> the network places to the server I cannot access the server. I receive the
> error Logon failure: the target account name is incorrect. This happens as
> the admin as well.
>

> I feel it could be a permission issue. Can anyone tell me how to reset the
> security permission on an AD server? I want to set them to the same level
as
> it would be after you promote the server to an AD I know its doable I jus
> went brain dead on the syntax.
>

> Thanks
>
> Scott

Forgot to mention util you do this group policy is not applying to the DC
and the userrights are what is causing the problem
"ScottS" <SSalvatore@lbmca.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> I have an issue accessing an AD server; do to hardware failure I needed to
> restore the server from tape. Veritas BE was unable to restore the sysvol
> share point, but it did restore the files and folders. I created the share
> and right however as an end user I cannot logon to the server. When I
browse
> the network places to the server I cannot access the server. I receive the
> error Logon failure: the target account name is incorrect. This happens as
> the admin as well.
>

> I feel it could be a permission issue. Can anyone tell me how to reset the
> security permission on an AD server? I want to set them to the same level
as
> it would be after you promote the server to an AD I know its doable I jus
> went brain dead on the syntax.
>

> Thanks
>
> Scott

scotts

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

do you have a link to the article you mentioned?

"Richard McCall [MSFT]" <richmcc@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Forgot to mention util you do this group policy is not applying to the DC
> and the userrights are what is causing the problem
> "ScottS" <SSalvatore@lbmca.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > I have an issue accessing an AD server; do to hardware failure I needed
> > restore the server from tape. Veritas BE was unable to restore the
sysvol
> > share point, but it did restore the files and folders. I created the
share
> > and right however as an end user I cannot logon to the server. When I
> browse
> > the network places to the server I cannot access the server. I receive
the
> > error Logon failure: the target account name is incorrect. This happens
as
> > the admin as well.
> >

> > I feel it could be a permission issue. Can anyone tell me how to reset
the
> > security permission on an AD server? I want to set them to the same
level
> as
> > it would be after you promote the server to an AD I know its doable I
jus
> > went brain dead on the syntax.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Scott