opteron 170 and asus a8v deluxe?

shamgar

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
ok well here is my problem. i have an asus a8v deluxe motherboard
i'm pretty sure it is a deluxe because it has a promise raid controller on board
it also says a8v rev 2.0 on the board

the bios chip says:
a8v07
42f7
gm 250

anyway, i have hooked everything up properly but i get no video coming to the monitor. i have tested this setup with 2 video cards that i know both work. the power supply has also been tested and it works as well.
the processor is an opteron 170, here are my questions.

1)when i turn on the computer, there are no cpu speaker beeps. i have not hooked up pc speakers so i dont know if something is being said from there. is this normal for this motherboard?

2)before i installed the cpu and the video card, i turned on the computer to make sure all of my fans were wired correctly. there were no beeps or error noises then either (again i did not have speakers hooked up, only the pc internal speaker)

3)does this motherboard even support the opteron 170? i have seen multiple reports of the opteron 170 and the asus a8v deluxe being benchmarked online, however when i look on asus's cpu chart guide i do not see that cpu as being listed.

if anyone can answer any of these questions i would love to hear it. thank you as well for taking the time to read all of this.

p.s.

just a small update but nothing new really,
i hooked up speakers to the sound, and when i turned on it would say
cpu failed test.

but i dropped off the computer to get someone to update the bios with the newest beta bios from the site, 1018-001 beta rom
(a tech shop that has extra athlon 64's around)

but the main question remains, will the opteron 170 work with this mobo?

the site says the 165 and the 175 both will, so i'm guessing the 170 will.

thnx again

shamgar

shamgar

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
sweeeeeeeeeeeet

whoever you are i love you

and i'll let u guys know what happens with it tomorrow

thnx again

-shamgar