Cannot login after changing from domain to workgroup

Cannot login after changing from domain to workgroup :
My PC was on a domain, I took it to a WORkgroup and it
asked me to reboot.After reboot Iam unable to login even
with the Administrator password.
I dont see the option to select to logon to the Computer
or domain either.I have seen in many forums folks having
same problems but not seen a satisfactory resolution.

Any resoltion is appreciated.

"Lijesh Jamal" <lijeshjamal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Cannot login after changing from domain to workgroup :
> My PC was on a domain, I took it to a WORkgroup and it
> asked me to reboot.After reboot Iam unable to login even
> with the Administrator password.
> I dont see the option to select to logon to the Computer
> or domain either.I have seen in many forums folks having
> same problems but not seen a satisfactory resolution.
>
> Any resoltion is appreciated.

Hi, think name resolution and subnet. How are you distributing ip_addresses?
Is a DHCP scope providing a default gateway or DNS server option? Is it a
static address? Can you at least ping the domain's DNS server?

The name resolution issue depends on whether you can resolve a DC or not.
This usually entails being able to query a DNS server to resolve the DC's ip
address.

Additionally, the administrator in question is the domain's administrator,
not the local administrator. The local admin doesn't have the right to
create/join a computer account on a domain.

It is static IP (no DHCP).
I don't think this has anything to do with domain because
I am not even trying to join to the network domain - all I
want is to just to login to the local Computer domain.
After I changed from domain to Workgroup, I am not even
able to the local machine with an Administrator password
which I know is correct (or I don't even see the Domain
selection dropdown in the login screen .
In various forums I see this problem listed by various
folks