Event ID: 2001
Date: 6/9/2004
Time: 5:02:57 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DB-SVR
Unable to read the disk performance information from the
system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for at
least one physical disk or logical volume in order for
these counters to appear. Disk performance counters can be
enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property
pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.
Data:
0000: 6f 10 00 00 o...
====
7 answers Last reply
More about repeatedly overwhelming logged perfdisk warning event 2001

    I am having the same problem with a ML 370. The Perflib errors will start,
    then the PerfDisk errors with start, 100's of them, after a few hours of this
    SRV 2019 errors will start, then the server becomes unresponsive. W2K Server
    SP4, Compaq Insight Mgr Software installed

    "Wang Dangli" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > The following event is repeatedly logged in my server's
    > Event Log(Application), about 1~3 times every 1 minute.
    >
    > Could someone please help me to solve this, Thanks a lot.
    > Server is HP DL580 G2, 2xUltra320 SCSI HDD mirrored(raid
    > 1).
    >
    > ===
    > Event Type: Warning
    > Event Source: PerfDisk
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 2001
    > Date: 6/9/2004
    > Time: 5:02:57 PM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: DB-SVR
    > Unable to read the disk performance information from the
    > system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for at
    > least one physical disk or logical volume in order for
    > these counters to appear. Disk performance counters can be
    > enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property
    > pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.
    > Data:
    > 0000: 6f 10 00 00 o...
    > ====

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi,

    Event ID 2001 with error message "Unable to read the disk performance
    information from the system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for
    at least one physical disk or logical volume in order for these counters to
    appear. Disk performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware
    Device Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0."

    This event is logged only if the following conditions exist:
    1. Your computer is running the program that you are using to collect
    performance data as a service.
    2. You have disabled the Logical and Physical Disk performance counters
    on the computer by using the diskperf -N command or by changing the
    appropriate registry value that is associated with the counter to disable
    it.

    Check the following Knowledge base article to check if it helps.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296187
    Application Log Events Generated When You Start Performance Counter Query.

    Please let me know if this article helps!

    Thank You,

    Harish.G

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    The server will run fine for about a week then the errors begin. After a
    reboot the server will run fine for another week. Does the information you
    provided still apply if the server runs fine then goes belly up until a
    reboot?

    Thanks,

    J.R.

    "Harish.G [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Event ID 2001 with error message "Unable to read the disk performance
    > information from the system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for
    > at least one physical disk or logical volume in order for these counters to
    > appear. Disk performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware
    > Device Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0."
    >
    > This event is logged only if the following conditions exist:
    > 1. Your computer is running the program that you are using to collect
    > performance data as a service.
    > 2. You have disabled the Logical and Physical Disk performance counters
    > on the computer by using the diskperf -N command or by changing the
    > appropriate registry value that is associated with the counter to disable
    > it.
    >
    > Check the following Knowledge base article to check if it helps.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296187
    > Application Log Events Generated When You Start Performance Counter Query.
    >
    > Please let me know if this article helps!
    >

    > Thank You,
    >
    > Harish.G

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi J.R,

    I would still suggest using this Knowledge Base article.

    Please let me know if your issue is resolved.

    Regards,

    Harish.G

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    <snip>
    If the data is displayed in words.
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: PerfDisk
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 2001
    Date: 1/4/2005
    Time: 10:19:57 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk
    performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical disk or
    logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk performance
    counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property
    pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    HEXidecimal:
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    Is equal to DECIMAL: 4207

    C:\>net helpmsg 4207

    The WMI data block is no longer available. =
    ERROR_WMI_GUID_DISCONNECTED

    ---GOOD LUCK
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    <snip>
    If the data is displayed in words.
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: PerfDisk
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 2001
    Date: 1/4/2005
    Time: 10:19:57 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk
    performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical disk or
    logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk performance
    counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property
    pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    HEXidecimal:
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    Is equal to DECIMAL: 4207

    C:\>net helpmsg 4207

    The WMI data block is no longer available. =
    ERROR_WMI_GUID_DISCONNECTED

    ---GOOD LUCK
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    <snip>
    If the data is displayed in words.
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: PerfDisk
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 2001
    Date: 1/4/2005
    Time: 10:19:57 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk
    performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical disk or
    logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk performance
    counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property
    pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    HEXidecimal:
    Data:
    0000: 0000106f

    Is equal to DECIMAL: 4207

    C:\>net helpmsg 4207

    The WMI data block is no longer available. =
    ERROR_WMI_GUID_DISCONNECTED

    ---GOOD LUCK

Performance Servers Windows