DELL PowerEdge 4400 vs 6400, best choice?

I have two DELL PowerEdge servers. One is a 6400, with dual XEON 500MHz
CPU's, and 2GB of RAM. The other is a 4400, with one, XEON 1GHz CPU, and
1GB of RAM. I'm trying to decide which one to keep, and which one to sell?
Either will work just fine, for my intended use. Is there any pro's, and
con's, between the two?

Thanks,
Bill Crocker

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:06:51 -0400, "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I have two DELL PowerEdge servers. One is a 6400, with dual XEON 500MHz
>CPU's, and 2GB of RAM. The other is a 4400, with one, XEON 1GHz CPU, and
>1GB of RAM. I'm trying to decide which one to keep, and which one to sell?
>Either will work just fine, for my intended use. Is there any pro's, and
>con's, between the two?
>
>Thanks,
>Bill Crocker

An application that hangs with 100% CPU will only hog 1 processor on the 6400.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Actually, I've made my choice even more difficult! I acquired more CPU's
from eBay, so now the 4400 will become a dual, and the 4600 will become a
quad!

Bill

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:06:51 -0400, "Bill Crocker"
<wcrocker007@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I have two DELL PowerEdge servers. One is a 6400, with dual XEON 500MHz
> >CPU's, and 2GB of RAM. The other is a 4400, with one, XEON 1GHz CPU, and
> >1GB of RAM. I'm trying to decide which one to keep, and which one to
sell?
> >Either will work just fine, for my intended use. Is there any pro's, and
> >con's, between the two?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Bill Crocker
> >

> An application that hangs with 100% CPU will only hog 1 processor on the
6400.

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows: General MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com

I would go with the 4400.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:07:51 -0400, "Bill Crocker" <wcrocker007@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Actually, I've made my choice even more difficult! I acquired more CPU's
>from eBay, so now the 4400 will become a dual, and the 4600 will become a
>quad!
>
>Bill
>

>"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:06:51 -0400, "Bill Crocker"
><wcrocker007@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have two DELL PowerEdge servers. One is a 6400, with dual XEON 500MHz
>> >CPU's, and 2GB of RAM. The other is a 4400, with one, XEON 1GHz CPU, and
>> >1GB of RAM. I'm trying to decide which one to keep, and which one to
>sell?
>> >Either will work just fine, for my intended use. Is there any pro's, and
>> >con's, between the two?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Bill Crocker
>> >

>> An application that hangs with 100% CPU will only hog 1 processor on the
>6400.
>>

>> Jerold Schulman
>> Windows: General MVP
>> JSI, Inc.