Here' one for Ya! - Epson R1800 in Australia

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.

So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
are not making much profit only Epson Australia.

"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
> The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
> Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
>
> So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
> are not making much profit only Epson Australia.

Who must be laughing all the way to the bank considering the RETAIL price in
the US is more like A$750.

Caitlin wrote:

>"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
>

>>The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
>>Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
>>
>>So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
>>are not making much profit only Epson Australia.
>>

>Who must be laughing all the way to the bank considering the RETAIL price in
>the US is more like A$750.

More like $550

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Rob wrote:
> The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
> Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
>
> So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
> are not making much profit only Epson Australia.

Similar pricing in NZ...
The price will come down - in time.

Buyers in the USA had better be quick if they want one...
"Note: The Epson R1800 is no longer being manufactured. You may want to
consider purchasing the R800 instead. The R800 offers a lower price but
does not support wide-format printing."

From Amazon at: http://tinyurl.com/7queb
I assume they have made a mistake.

"Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Rob wrote:
>> The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
>> Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
>>
>> So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
>> are not making much profit only Epson Australia.
>
> Similar pricing in NZ...
> The price will come down - in time.
>
> Buyers in the USA had better be quick if they want one...
> "Note: The Epson R1800 is no longer being manufactured. You may want to
> consider purchasing the R800 instead. The R800 offers a lower price but
> does not support wide-format printing."
>
> From Amazon at: http://tinyurl.com/7queb
> I assume they have made a mistake.

Waaa!? I don't know how they can make a mistake that big? Wish I could buy
one from them though - only A$695!

Frederick wrote:

> Rob wrote:
>
>> The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia
>> from Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
>>
>> So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the
>> dealers are not making much profit only Epson Australia.
>

> Similar pricing in NZ...
> The price will come down - in time.
>
> Buyers in the USA had better be quick if they want one...
> "Note: The Epson R1800 is no longer being manufactured. You may want
> to consider purchasing the R800 instead. The R800 offers a lower price
> but does not support wide-format printing."

It just came out. I doubt it.

> From Amazon at: http://tinyurl.com/7queb
> I assume they have made a mistake.

shooter

Advertising hype. Amazon are very aggressive in marketing.

"Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Rob wrote:
> > The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
> > Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
> >
> > So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
> > are not making much profit only Epson Australia.
>
> Similar pricing in NZ...
> The price will come down - in time.
>
> Buyers in the USA had better be quick if they want one...
> "Note: The Epson R1800 is no longer being manufactured. You may want to
> consider purchasing the R800 instead. The R800 offers a lower price but
> does not support wide-format printing."
>
> From Amazon at: http://tinyurl.com/7queb
> I assume they have made a mistake.

> "Note: The Epson R1800 is no longer being manufactured.

If that's the case it must be the shortest run Epson model in their history.
I wonder why they would have stopped production when it only came out less
than 6 months ago.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

> Caitlin wrote:
>
>>"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
>>>Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
>>>
>>>So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
>>>are not making much profit only Epson Australia.
>>>

>>Who must be laughing all the way to the bank considering the RETAIL price
>>in the US is more like A$750.
>
> More like $550

You might want to read what I wrote more clearly.... We do not all live in
America.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Caitlin wrote:
> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>Caitlin wrote:
>>

>>>"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message

>>>Who must be laughing all the way to the bank considering the RETAIL price
>>>in the US is more like A$750.
>>
>>More like $550
>>

> You might want to read what I wrote more clearly.... We do not all live in
> America.

Oh geeze...now you're assuming this moron can read and that he
comprehends what he reads.
Sorry...but you're asking way too much of him.
Frank

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Caitlin wrote:

> "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Rob wrote:
>>
>>>The wholesale buying price for the Epson R1800 printer in Australia from
>>>Epson Australia is $910.00 AUD plus GST 10%.
>>>
>>>So buying it from a dealer at $1040 inc GST is looking at if the dealers
>>>are not making much profit only Epson Australia.
>>
>>Similar pricing in NZ...
>>The price will come down - in time.
>>
>>Buyers in the USA had better be quick if they want one...
>>"Note: The Epson R1800 is no longer being manufactured. You may want to
>>consider purchasing the R800 instead. The R800 offers a lower price but
>>does not support wide-format printing."
>>
>>From Amazon at: http://tinyurl.com/7queb
>>I assume they have made a mistake.
>

> Waaa!? I don't know how they can make a mistake that big? Wish I could buy
> one from them though - only A$695!

Most likely 110 - 120v only. Freight would really cost - these come in
very big boxes. You'd also have to pay GST when it arrived.
I was a bit shocked by the NZ price. However, it is reasonably
consistent with UK pricing.

Look on the bright side of living in the antipodes...
At least we can enjoy a cuban cigar, and our prints from the R1800 have
a reasonable chance of showing a nice blue sky free from jet contrails -
without having to resort to PS.