Gaming mouse to get??

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I have an MX 1000 Logitec mouse 800DPI and in first person shooters I ether have to set the pointer speed low so I can track and target enemys at a far and lose the ability to track and target enemys close up or vis versa. I want the ability to track smoothly all the time but can't seem to stay away from constanty going from high to low pointer settings and its driving me crazy! I have a Func IND. billet base 1030 surface using the rough side, my mouse feet are glazed after a year 1/2 maybe sanding the feet will help? Or do I need a mouse with a higher DPI setting like 2000DPI. I'm not getting any mouse lag ether.THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Hoppy6698

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
From reviews I have read, the Logitech G5/G7s are the smoothest out there. For FPS games though, I hear that most shooters work like you do - ramp up speed for running, ramp down for precision. I play MMOs, so its not that necessary for me.

AeroEngy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I got the G7 wireless laser mouse not that long ago and I really like it. I was concerned about there being some lag sense it was wireless but I haven't noticed any. It is very responsive and you can adjust the DPI on the fly(3 sensitivity levels) during your FPS games for sniping verses close up action etc. You just have to get the feel of what seems comfortable for you. Plus the G7 comes with 2 rechargable battery packs so you can keep one on charge and swap them out without missing a beat.

The_Rev

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
Generally speaking, you want to go with a Logitech mouse if you're a palm-grip gamer, and Razer if you're a fingertip-grip gamer. I'm the latter, so I bought myself a Razer Copperhead about 9 months ago and couldn't be happier. You can change the sensistivity on the fly, so that's really useful if you need to constantly change tracking distances. I believe the Logitech mice have this feature too. Can't go wrong with either brand.

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
I've got the Razer and it's a fantastic mouse - but then again, I haven't tried any other gaming mouse (always had basic ones before).

So the Razer is great, but that doesn't preclude another mouse.

Hoppy6698

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
I have had both the Razer and Logitech versions. "The_Rev" is correct, it depends on your style. I gave away my Razer to a friend because it didnt conform to my hand and he loves it. I love my Logitech due to the size (I can rest my full palm on it) and since they caught up to Razer in speed and sensitivity, I couldn't be happier.

Plus, I found that the Razer clicks of the mouse were about twice as loud as my Logitech. If not twice as loud, at least very noticeable. That bugged the crap out of me. I prefer the quiet nature of Logitech devices.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
G5

Three laser settings for you to choose from and a customizable weight feature (where you can adjust the weight) that is pretty awesome.

siggsy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Totally agree, G5 is the mouse for me - weight cartridge excellent and the button to change the dpi setting as you're playing is a great addition. You can also setup different dpi settings for different applications/games, so there is pretty much everything you need.

The only thing is that it lacks side buttons unlike some of the other mice out there. It's personal preference really but I know I like the Logitech G5 the best. I've owned Razer mice before but never got comfortable with their shape or build quality but I have plenty of friends which love the Copperhead.

Have you tried the smooth surface of your mousemat for fps games? I have the Razer exactmat which also has 2 different sides - coarse and fine.

I find for fps games the fine/smooth side works the best for quick and accurate movements.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
So you bought the Func surface 1030 gaming mouse pad to huh, isn't it the best? Yeah I bought the G7 which is the same as the G5 with out the cord, but the G5 has custum waits to add. I'm able to Zoom in on moving enemys heads in fullauto and a small sqeeze and there dead all while there running! Very presice control! I hate wires in general got to have wireless everything, mice, internet, etc.. Anti-wire fettish!