shortcuts don't work

When I click, single or double, on any shortcut, on desktop, quick start,
start-program files or anywhere else, the shortcut fails to open. Double
clicking on program icons directly works as usual. Also the shortcuts work
if I right click and chose open. It's a small thing but it's making me crazy.
Please help if you can.

pattij
2 answers Last reply
More about shortcuts work

    Hi,

    Try the .lnk repair file at www.dougknox.com, you will find it under WinXP
    Fixes/File Association Fixes.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "pattij" <patti13210@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When I click, single or double, on any shortcut, on desktop, quick start,
    > start-program files or anywhere else, the shortcut fails to open. Double
    > clicking on program icons directly works as usual. Also the shortcuts work
    > if I right click and chose open. It's a small thing but it's making me
    > crazy.
    > Please help if you can.
    >
    > pattij

    Here is another possibility.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819946&Product=winxp

    > Hi,
    >
    > Try the .lnk repair file at www.dougknox.com, you will find it under WinXP
    > Fixes/File Association Fixes.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "pattij" <patti13210@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > When I click, single or double, on any shortcut, on desktop, quick
    start,
    > > start-program files or anywhere else, the shortcut fails to open. Double
    > > clicking on program icons directly works as usual. Also the shortcuts
    work
    > > if I right click and chose open. It's a small thing but it's making me
    > > crazy.
    > > Please help if you can.
    > >
    > > pattij

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP