shortcuts don't work

October 8, 2004 8:41:40 AM

When I click, single or double, on any shortcut, on desktop, quick start,
start-program files or anywhere else, the shortcut fails to open. Double
clicking on program icons directly works as usual. Also the shortcuts work
if I right click and chose open. It's a small thing but it's making me crazy.
Please help if you can.

pattij

More about : shortcuts work

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 10:13:49 AM

Hi,

Try the .lnk repair file at www.dougknox.com, you will find it under WinXP
Fixes/File Association Fixes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"pattij" <patti13210@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I click, single or double, on any shortcut, on desktop, quick start,
> start-program files or anywhere else, the shortcut fails to open. Double
> clicking on program icons directly works as usual. Also the shortcuts work
> if I right click and chose open. It's a small thing but it's making me
> crazy.
> Please help if you can.
>
> pattij
Anonymous