I bet you have never seen this before

soccermanic

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Hi,

Pls forgive me if I posted this msg in the wrong forum.

When running the super Pi program, I got a msg of "NOT CONVERGENT IN SQR05". I have never seen this msg before.

Can someone tell me if there's anything wrong with my CPU?

Thanks in advance.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hi,

Pls forgive me if I posted this msg in the wrong forum.

When running the super Pi program, I got a msg of "NOT CONVERGENT IN SQR05". I have never seen this msg before.

Can someone tell me if there's anything wrong with my CPU?

Thanks in advance.
That usually happens when your computer is overclocked too much. It's likely a memory error.If your computer isn't overclocked, then you probably have RAM problems. In either case, try and bump up the RAM voltage a notch, and retry. If you are overclocked, bump up the CPU voltage and try, then the RAM voltage and retry. GL :)

soccermanic

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Thanks for the answer.

I have actually run the Pi program at default settings as well as on overclocked settings. Both time I get this msg.

Anyway, apart from this super PI program, all other programs seems ok and my PC even passed the "BurnIn test" program.

I have now running my single cored 3800+ at 220 * 12, am I being too greedy?

Thanks.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Thanks for the answer.

I have actually run the Pi program at default settings as well as on overclocked settings. Both time I get this msg.

Anyway, apart from this super PI program, all other programs seems ok and my PC even passed the "BurnIn test" program.

I have now running my single cored 3800+ at 220 * 12, am I being too greedy?

Thanks.
No, i wouldn't say too greedy, but have you upped the CPU's voltage at all?It might need a voltage bump to run at that speed. If you say it's throwing errors in Super Pi at stock speed, then maybe it is your RAM needing a little more voltage. If you continue to get errors, maybe its a corruption in the program, and in that case, delete it and unzip it again, and retry.