GeForce Go 7300 TurboCache or Radeon X1400 HyperMemory?

MillerTime8806

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
I am buying a laptop for college, and I want to be able to play the most up to date games on it. I have two options for 256MB cards (the biggest I can get) on the laptop. They are the ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 HyperMemory or the Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 TurboCache. Which one should I get?

zrawas

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
Well, 256 MB is not the biggest memory. The pipelining is also an important aspect that you should look into. Both those video cards won't give you the performance you want if you want to play recent games under high settings. I would recommend you get a laptop with an X1600 or a Geforce Go 7600. I would suggest you take a look at this ASUS laptop. It's a complete package at a reasonable price for the specs: ASUS A8J. It's got a powerful Core Duo and a 512 MB Geforce 7600. Do some research though.

Cabletwitch

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Urgh, those cards aint all that good, bud. TurboCache and HyperMemory are fancy names for cheap, underpowered cards that have the bare minumum of onboard RAM (Usually 32meg) and borrow the rest from main system RAM, thus depriving the system of resources.

You'd be far better off getting a better specced lappy, as those will not do games any justice, IF they run them at all. Those cards are really desogned for people who dont care about 3D or system performance.

Look around online. Its worth spending that little bit extra to get something nicer, than have to struggle with crappy low end heaps like those. I woulsnt even install those cards in a Mac, thats how bad they are.

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Neither, you will be so disappointed. I've seen both and you really don't want to play on them.
They are budget graphics, and they are called such so you can buy aspirin to rid yourself of the headache you're going to get while trying to play on them.
7600 is minimum.

Cheese

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
My friend has a ATI x1400 in his laptop and it blows. BLOWS BLOWS BLOWS. TOMSHARDWARE doesn't even the 7300 as a real card in their 7-series reviews.

If you get them you will be disappointed and I will kill you.

TRENDING THREADS