Reset Button wont Function

The reset button on my just completed computer does not funtion. I recheched the wiring, and reinstalled the connector. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about reset button wont function
  1. Either the button is not working, the wiring is wrong or the MB has a problem; The first two you can test easily. Then oyu will know what it is...
  2. You can use a screwdriver and short the pins to test the mb.
    Then you can use a ohm meter to test the switch if you have one.
  3. use another switch to test it out to narrow the problem of wether it's the wire/reset switch or the mobo.
  4. you may have connected the wire into the motherboard wrong. here is a link to a guide that shows how to do it. the plug has to be in a certain way. just an example, i doubt its exactly for your mobo. http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/pc_msi_k8n_neo_connect_pn1_pn2.shtml
  5. Thanks to all for your kind replies.
    I am ashamed to say what the problem was.
    The switch needed a great deal of pressure to activate.
  6. no need oto be ashamed, sadly some of the forum vets have seen worse...
  7. The directions that came with my Lian Li case leave much to be desired.
    I cannot figure out how to wire up the front USB Ports. The MB manual does not help.

VCC 1 (RED)
    USB 1-(WHITE)
    USB 1+(GREEN)

GROUND 1 (BLACK)

vCC 2(RED)
    USB 2-(WHITE)
    USB 2+(GREEN)

GROUND 2(BLACK)

Until I figure out how to wire the front USB, I imagine that I should be able to use the rear ones withoug a problem.

Thanks in advance
  8. Quote:
    The directions that came with my Lian Li case leave much to be desired.
    I cannot figure out how to wire up the front USB Ports. The MB manual does not help.

VCC 1 (RED)
    USB 1-(WHITE)
    USB 1+(GREEN)

GROUND 1 (BLACK)

vCC 2(RED)
    USB 2-(WHITE)
    USB 2+(GREEN)

GROUND 2(BLACK)

Until I figure out how to wire the front USB, I imagine that I should be able to use the rear ones withoug a problem.

Thanks in advance

eh..prolly wont happen, wait for crashman or clueless to come by, they know how to wire the frontt USB i think.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computer Components