Windows XP Screensaver timeout problem

Dave H Wrote:
> My screensaver and power schemes work OK when set to a one mimute
> timeout, but if I set any other interval they will not start.
>
> I have repaired XP but no improvement. I would rather not reinstall
> XP.
>
> Can anybody please give me a fix for this problem

Problem Solved!!!
I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
power schemes all working perfectly.

Thanks for all the useful comments.

Dave H

--
Dave H
5 answers Last reply

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:31:46 +0100, Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>
    wrote:

    >Dave H Wrote:
    >> My screensaver and power schemes work OK when set to a one mimute
    >> timeout, but if I set any other interval they will not start.
    >>
    >> I have repaired XP but no improvement. I would rather not reinstall
    >> XP.
    >>
    >> Can anybody please give me a fix for this problem
    >
    >Problem Solved!!!
    >I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
    >programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
    >power schemes all working perfectly.
    >
    >Thanks for all the useful comments.
    >
    >Dave H

    Great :)

    What is " B's Recorder Gold"?

    Thanks,

    Daven

    A cd maker program that works a lot like InCD. The idea is to use a
    standard Windows file system on a cd so you can drag and drop files between
    the cd and folders on the pc.

    "Daven" <daven@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:31:46 +0100, Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Dave H Wrote:
    >>> My screensaver and power schemes work OK when set to a one mimute
    >>> timeout, but if I set any other interval they will not start.
    >>>
    >>> I have repaired XP but no improvement. I would rather not reinstall
    >>> XP.
    >>>
    >>> Can anybody please give me a fix for this problem
    >>
    >>Problem Solved!!!
    >>I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
    >>programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
    >>power schemes all working perfectly.
    >>
    >>Thanks for all the useful comments.
    >>
    >>Dave H
    >
    > Great :)
    >
    > What is " B's Recorder Gold"?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Daven

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:24:56 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
    <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote:

    >A cd maker program that works a lot like InCD. The idea is to use a
    >standard Windows file system on a cd so you can drag and drop files between
    >the cd and folders on the pc.
    >
    >"Daven" <daven@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:31:46 +0100, Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Problem Solved!!!
    >>>I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
    >>>programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
    >>>power schemes all working perfectly.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for all the useful comments.
    >>>
    >>>Dave H
    >>
    >> Great :)
    >>
    >> What is " B's Recorder Gold"?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Daven

    Thanks Colin
    Daven

    welcome

    Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:<Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>...
    > Problem Solved!!!
    > I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
    > programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
    > power schemes all working perfectly.
    >
    > Thanks for all the useful comments.
    >
    > Dave H

    Hey Dave!

    You're absolutely right! WOW! My Windows XP is a german version and
    there the B's recorder Gold seems to be called "Update fuer die
    Windows XP HighMAT-Unterstuetzung im Assistenten zum Schreiben von
    CDs" (Gee! Isn't German a complicated language :) I removed it and
    _after_ _a_ _reboot_ my screensaver worked again (without reboot it
    won't work)!

    Tanks for all an nice greetings,
    Benny

Screensaver Windows XP