Windows XP Screensaver timeout problem

October 8, 2004 12:31:46 PM

Dave H Wrote:
> My screensaver and power schemes work OK when set to a one mimute
> timeout, but if I set any other interval they will not start.
>
> I have repaired XP but no improvement. I would rather not reinstall
> XP.
>
> Can anybody please give me a fix for this problem

Problem Solved!!!
I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
power schemes all working perfectly.

Thanks for all the useful comments.

Dave H

--
Dave H
October 9, 2004 9:16:35 AM

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:31:46 +0100, Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>
wrote:

>Dave H Wrote:
>> My screensaver and power schemes work OK when set to a one mimute
>> timeout, but if I set any other interval they will not start.
>>
>> I have repaired XP but no improvement. I would rather not reinstall
>> XP.
>>
>> Can anybody please give me a fix for this problem
>
>Problem Solved!!!
>I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
>programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
>power schemes all working perfectly.
>
>Thanks for all the useful comments.
>
>Dave H

Great :)

What is " B's Recorder Gold"?

Thanks,

Daven
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 9:16:36 AM

A cd maker program that works a lot like InCD. The idea is to use a
standard Windows file system on a cd so you can drag and drop files between
the cd and folders on the pc.

"Daven" <daven@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:p qsem09lo8f6e7pg0b95tllueltjq7v6a6@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:31:46 +0100, Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Dave H Wrote:
>>> My screensaver and power schemes work OK when set to a one mimute
>>> timeout, but if I set any other interval they will not start.
>>>
>>> I have repaired XP but no improvement. I would rather not reinstall
>>> XP.
>>>
>>> Can anybody please give me a fix for this problem
>>
>>Problem Solved!!!
>>I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
>>programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
>>power schemes all working perfectly.
>>
>>Thanks for all the useful comments.
>>
>>Dave H
>
> Great :)
>
> What is " B's Recorder Gold"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daven

Related resources
October 9, 2004 5:14:40 PM

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:24:56 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
<colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote:

>A cd maker program that works a lot like InCD. The idea is to use a
>standard Windows file system on a cd so you can drag and drop files between
>the cd and folders on the pc.
>
>"Daven" <daven@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>news:p qsem09lo8f6e7pg0b95tllueltjq7v6a6@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:31:46 +0100, Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>
>> wrote:

>>>Problem Solved!!!
>>>I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
>>>programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
>>>power schemes all working perfectly.
>>>
>>>Thanks for all the useful comments.
>>>
>>>Dave H
>>
>> Great :)
>>
>> What is " B's Recorder Gold"?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Daven

Thanks Colin
Daven
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 5:14:41 PM

welcome

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:24:56 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
> <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>A cd maker program that works a lot like InCD. The idea is to use a
>>standard Windows file system on a cd so you can drag and drop files
>>between
>>the cd and folders on the pc.
>>
>>"Daven" <daven@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>news:p qsem09lo8f6e7pg0b95tllueltjq7v6a6@4ax.com...

>>> Great :)
>>>
>>> What is " B's Recorder Gold"?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Daven
>

> Thanks Colin
> Daven

October 11, 2004 7:18:06 PM

Dave H <Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:<Dave.H.1dst0y@pcbanter.net>...
> Problem Solved!!!
> I recently uninstalled B's recorder Gold and all it's associated
> programmes. Everything has now returned to normal, screensavers and
> power schemes all working perfectly.
>
> Thanks for all the useful comments.
>
> Dave H

Hey Dave!

You're absolutely right! WOW! My Windows XP is a german version and
there the B's recorder Gold seems to be called "Update fuer die
Windows XP HighMAT-Unterstuetzung im Assistenten zum Schreiben von
CDs" (Gee! Isn't German a complicated language :)  I removed it and
_after_ _a_ _reboot_ my screensaver worked again (without reboot it
won't work)!

Tanks for all an nice greetings,
Benny
!