Unable to kill a process

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I have a user process running that I can not kill, using
either task manager or tskill command.

The process (a .exe ) was started via Task Scheduler as
user SystemLocal.

I am logged on as administrator and when I try to kill it
I get 'access denied'

Is there any way for me to kill this process other than a
reboot.

Thanks
Ken

Try running a script:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/2000/server/scriptguide/en-us/sas_prc_fgbg.mspx
-Wilson

"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a user process running that I can not kill, using
> either task manager or tskill command.
>
> The process (a .exe ) was started via Task Scheduler as
> user SystemLocal.
>
> I am logged on as administrator and when I try to kill it
> I get 'access denied'
>
> Is there any way for me to kill this process other than a
> reboot.
>
> Thanks
> Ken

Is it the remote client if you use tskill.exe?
Try pskill.exe from www.sysinternals.com.