sugi123

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
Ok, just got a brand new Sapphire AGP X800gto (short PCB version with SL in the name). The video card works, but

1) Sometimes, when I turn on the comp. the fans just spin. I need to try about 2-3 times, on and off, to get it to post.

2)When im running the fuzzy dice in ATItool, it just freezes, sometimes after 10 sec, or after 1 hour.

3)When it freezes, I hit restart, but the froze screen still displays on the monitor, and the video does not change. Its just still.

All my BIOS, chipset, and other drivers are up to date.

Ghostyman

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Ok, just got a brand new Sapphire AGP X800gto (short PCB version with SL in the name). The video card works, but

1) Sometimes, when I turn on the comp. the fans just spin. I need to try about 2-3 times, on and off, to get it to post.

2)When im running the fuzzy dice in ATItool, it just freezes, sometimes after 10 sec, or after 1 hour.

3)When it freezes, I hit restart, but the froze screen still displays on the monitor, and the video does not change. Its just still.

All my BIOS, chipset, and other drivers are up to date.

that sounds strange! you can try to update the catalyst driver and buy a better heatsink.

hope that helps, good luck!

sugi123

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
thx for the reply. It seems to have something to do with not properly in the APG slot. I also installed an AT5, and all is well.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Glad it works, make sure the extra molex connector is sitting firm on your card and then make sure your power supply is up to the task. If you are using power splitters, try to rearrange them.
As a rule of thumb for PCs with weak PSUs - Do not share hard disk lines with other power demanding hardware such as graphics cards.
;)