Need Dos Mode

Hello sir.
Well i need a solution for the dos mode in windows 2000.
i'm not able to use a few software's that i used in dos
mode in win 98. so please help me regarding this matter as
soon as you can.
Thanking you
finny jacob

This article may help.

;217210]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];217210

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Finny Jacob" wrote:
| Hello sir.
| Well i need a solution for the dos mode in windows 2000.
| i'm not able to use a few software's that i used in dos
| mode in win 98. so please help me regarding this matter as
| soon as you can.
| Thanking you
| finny jacob

You may want to clarify whether you are referring to real-mode dos or a
virtual machine.

In the case of real-mode application you can always boot the system with a
dos disk and run the app from the floppy or reconfigure the partitions for a
dual-boot. You should not alter the hard drive's contents if u choose to run
from a floppy and you won't be able to access any partition that is NTFS. A
dual-boot scenario is the better option.

In the case of a dos prompt or command interpreter, try enabling
compatibility mode in W2K (slayerui.dll) and modify the application's
shortcut.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279792