Video Card (I think) Problem

mrplow3147

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I just built a new computer and I am having some technical problems with my video card. I got an eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO and an ASUS nForce4 P5ND2-SLI. I have been having random BSODs and restarts while playing a somewhat graphically taxing game. The blue screen I have gotten a couple of times was Stop message 0x000000D1 Descriptive text: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. These errors only come up while on a game, which is why I'm led to believe it is the graphics card driver or possibly my RAM. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

That message seems like a driver issue...make you've got the latest mobo chipset and video drivers...also, make sure your PSU is pumping out enough watts/amps to handle the load...

Some "older" 7900GT's have had "artifacting" and "memory" issues, depending on the SKU of the card...this is a well documented issue on many forums and web sites...EVGA even addressed the issue on their site..depending on your SKU, it might be worth an RMA...

Good luck!

mrplow3147

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I got a 550 Watt power supply, it should be doing fine. I checked my card and it wasn't listed on their site, so I don't think it's any of those... I have the most recent drivers for both my card and mobo... I'm not sure what else it could be... I saw lots of people suggest it's a memory error, but I tested it and it's fine.

mrplow3147

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I actually just got an error, same thing, but I have a file this time. It is nvmcp.sys - Address B2921E22 base at B28C9000, Datestamp 42e6427c

mrplow3147

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Well, I just disabled the sound device and am using my SB Live, but now I have a whole new set of problems... it appears as if while adjusting the sound acceleration to nothing in dxdiag, my monitor took a hit... I'm not sure how it happened, but now there are 4 different sections of my monitor at varrying brightness... if anyone knows how to fix this, that'd be awsome. I've tried resetting my monitor and unplugging it from the computer, unplugging it from the wall... everything, it retains this image distortion...

dokk

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Well, I just disabled the sound device and am using my SB Live, but now I have a whole new set of problems... it appears as if while adjusting the sound acceleration to nothing in dxdiag, my monitor took a hit... I'm not sure how it happened, but now there are 4 different sections of my monitor at varrying brightness... if anyone knows how to fix this, that'd be awsome. I've tried resetting my monitor and unplugging it from the computer, unplugging it from the wall... everything, it retains this image distortion...

Brother Plow: one suggestion,try your monitor with another pc,reason: today's monitors are ,as you know.p& pray,and they have a line which communicates to the pc ,if,,your monitor is at fault this is the reason and will show up with any pc,,. g'day