Denying IP From DHCP Server

Dear All,
I want to block ip address assignment to one
particular system in LAN based on mac address.I wnat to
configure this on DHCP server , can anyone help me in
this reagrd.

Thanking you all in anticipation

Regards
Priyank Gaddala
2 answers Last reply
More about denying dhcp server

    I feel there is no easy way where you cannot block issue of IP address for
    particular system.
    You can try this workaround
    Set two scopes with different subnet
    Reserve the IP address of another subnet for this particular system using
    MAC
    So that this system cannot communicate with other system

    Subbu
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Unfortunately I believe the person could still hard-code an IP
    address, subnet mask and gateway and bypass DHCP...

    Harry

    v-subrab@online.microsoft.com (Subrahmanya Bhandarkar [MSFT]) wrote:

    >I feel there is no easy way where you cannot block issue of IP address for
    >particular system.
    >You can try this workaround
    >Set two scopes with different subnet
    >Reserve the IP address of another subnet for this particular system using
    >MAC
    >So that this system cannot communicate with other system
    >

    >Subbu

    Ha®®y

    HarryKrishna.nospam@online.ie

DHCP Servers Windows