Denying IP From DHCP Server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 29, 2004 12:27:33 AM

Dear All,
I want to block ip address assignment to one
particular system in LAN based on mac address.I wnat to
configure this on DHCP server , can anyone help me in
this reagrd.

Thanking you all in anticipation

Regards
Priyank Gaddala

More about : denying dhcp server

Anonymous
June 29, 2004 5:57:17 PM

I feel there is no easy way where you cannot block issue of IP address for
particular system.
You can try this workaround
Set two scopes with different subnet
Reserve the IP address of another subnet for this particular system using
MAC
So that this system cannot communicate with other system

Subbu
July 1, 2004 8:53:00 PM

Unfortunately I believe the person could still hard-code an IP
address, subnet mask and gateway and bypass DHCP...

Harry

v-subrab@online.microsoft.com (Subrahmanya Bhandarkar [MSFT]) wrote:

>I feel there is no easy way where you cannot block issue of IP address for
>particular system.
>You can try this workaround
>Set two scopes with different subnet
>Reserve the IP address of another subnet for this particular system using
>MAC
>So that this system cannot communicate with other system
>

>Subbu

Ha®®y

HarryKrishna.nospam@online.ie
!